Nicola Rosenstock serves as counsel in the asset management group in New York.
Nicola focuses her practice on the representation of institutional investors in their investments in the full range of private funds. Nicola also has experience representing sponsors of private funds with respect to formation, governance and compliance matters. She has a broad-based investment funds practice with comprehensive experience with private, venture capital, credit, real estate and hedge funds. Clients turn to Nicola for her practical, commercial and candid advice. Chambers USA (2021) recognizes Nicola nationally as an “up and coming” practitioner in the area of Investment Funds: Investor Representation, where a client commends her for being “very knowledgeable of this market” and another adds, “she was responsive, helpful, and has broad and deep knowledge of related issues.”
Nicola routinely represents significant institutional investors in connection with primary investments and co-investments, as well as with the purchase and sale of private fund interests via secondary transactions. She has negotiated private fund investments on behalf of foundations, insurance companies, funds of funds, banks, sovereign wealth funds, pension plans and family offices.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2022, Nicola was counsel in the asset management practice of another global law firm in New York.
- Nicola Rosenstock and Philip Isom, “Introduction to Private Equity Fund Formation,” Bloomberg BNA Securities Practice Portfolio Series No. 326 (2016)
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2003
- BA (Government), Harvard University, 1997
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2004
- Chambers Global: Up and Coming in Investment Funds: Investor Representation (2023)
- Chambers USA: Up and Coming in Investment Funds: Investor Representation (2021-2022)