Oren Rafii is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department. Oren practices primarily in the firm’s private equity group and represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, going-private transactions, leveraged buyouts and equity investments, as well as general corporate matters.
As a summer associate, Oren was seconded to an asset management unit within a Swiss bank.
During law school, Oren worked in the general counsel's office at OTC Markets Group Inc., focusing on FINRA and SEC regulations affecting over-the-counter equity trading. Oren also acted as associate editor for the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law and founded and served as president of the Fordham Business & Law Association.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in the sale of a partial ownership stake in Shape Technologies Group, a leading designer and manufacturer of waterjet cutting systems.
- Represented NexPhase Capital, co-advisor to the Moelis Capital Partners Opportunity Funds, and Moelis Capital Partners in the sale of CPS Group Holdings, Inc., one of the nation’s largest providers of pharmacy solutions to more than 700 hospitals and health system facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico.
- Represented Kohlberg & Company in its acquisition of Sara Lee® Frozen Bakery, a leading manufacturer and distributor of frozen bakery products, desserts, and sweet baked goods in North America.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its acquisitions and combination of IMA Consulting, mCare Solutions, Naveos, AcuStream and Cloudmed into Revint Solutions, a leading platform offering a full suite of technology-enabled revenue integrity and recovery solutions as well as complex revenue cycle management consulting and interim management services for health care providers.
- Represented Bain Capital Credit in relation to its structured investments in Gamblit Gaming, LLC.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in its acquisition of the steel fabrication business of Commercial Metals Company by its portfolio company FabSouth, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canam Group Inc.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in its US$875 million take-private acquisition of Canam Group Inc., a Quebec-based steel producer.
- Represented Long Point Capital in its minority investment in Woolpert, Inc., a design, geospatial, and infrastructure management company.
- Represented U.S. Anesthesia Partners in its acquisition of anesthesiology practices in Nevada and Oklahoma.
- Represented JMI Equity in its strategic growth investment in Arena Solutions, a cloud-based, all-in-one product development platform.
- JD, cum laude, Fordham University School of Law, 2016
- MBA, Fordham Graduate School of Business, 2016; Beta Gamma Sigma
- BA, magna cum laude, Binghamton University, State University of New York, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2017