Oren Rafii is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department. Oren practices primarily in the firm’s private equity group and represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with mergers and acquisitions, going-private transactions, leveraged buyouts and equity investments, as well as general corporate matters.
As a summer associate, Oren was seconded to an asset management unit within a Swiss bank.
During law school, Oren worked in the general counsel's office at OTC Markets Group Inc., focusing on FINRA and SEC regulations affecting over-the-counter equity trading. Oren also acted as associate editor for the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law and founded and served as president of the Fordham Business & Law Association.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its acquisitions and roll-up of IMA Consulting, Revint Solutions and Naveos, healthcare revenue cycle solutions providers.
- Represented American Industrial Partners in its US$875 million take-private acquisition of Canam Group Inc., a Quebec-based steel producer.
- Represented Long Point Capital in its minority investment in Woolpert, Inc., a design, geospatial, and infrastructure management company.
- Represented U.S. Anesthesia Partners in its acquisition of anesthesiology practices in Nevada and Oklahoma.
- Represented JMI Equity in its strategic growth investment in Arena Solutions, a cloud-based, all-in-one product development platform.