Amanda is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s intellectual property transactions and life sciences practice groups. Amanda’s practice is focused primarily on representing clients in business and intellectual property transactions, including technology licensing and transfer, mergers and acquisitions, supply and distribution arrangements, and other strategic commercial arrangements. Amanda also represents private equity firms and other companies in technology-focused mergers and acquisitions.
Amanda works with companies in a wide range of industries, including branded and consumer products, advertising, technology, software, life sciences, biotechnology, and medical device.
A certified privacy professional, CIPP/US, Amanda regularly counsels clients on the collection, handling, and protection of data by their organizations, evaluating data policies and practices, and responding to data security breaches and incidents.
Throughout law school, Amanda worked in Cisco Systems’ legal department, focusing on trademark, copyright, and privacy matters.
- Represented Reebok International Ltd. in the adidas Group’s divestiture of Mitchell & Ness business.
- Represented Douglas Products in implementing domestic and international licensing and distribution relationships.
- Represented luxury product company in various commercial matters.
- Advised production company on talent releases, copyright registration, and negotiating international distribution, network, and digital media agreements.
- Advised children’s clothing company on various corporate, commercial, and privacy-related matters.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in recapitalization of Fox Head, Inc., a maker of motocross equipment and apparel.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its acquisition of Duckhorn Wine Company, a fine wine company that includes Duckhorn Vineyards, Goldeneye, Paraduxx, Migration, Decoy, and Canvasback wineries.
- Represented Fenway Partners LLC divestiture of Easton-branded hockey, baseball, and softball businesses.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in an investment in Douglas Products, LLC, a manufacturer and distributor of specialty chemical products, and its purchase of the Vikane and ProFume businesses from Dow AgroSciences
- Represented Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of Access Information Management, a provider of records and information management services.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of PSKW, the pharmaceutical industry’s leading provider of patient prescription medication assistance solutions and payment reimbursement services.
- Represented Summit Partners in its investment in DMG Practice Management Solutions, a practice management company associated with DuPage Medical Group, the largest independent, multi-specialty physician group in the Chicago area.
- Represented Genstar Capital in their sale of TravelClick, Inc., a global provider of innovative cloud-based software solutions in the hospitality industry.
Strategic Life Sciences Transactions
- Represented Friedreich’s Ataxia Research Alliance in drafting and negotiating biomarker consortium study and funding agreements with academic researchers and pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Represented Becton, Dickinson and Company in BD’s sale of three distinct product groups: ophthalmic systems, surgical blades/scalpels, and critical care systems.
- Represented advertising agency on corporate and commercial matters, including legal review and clearance of advertising material, influencer campaigns, and negotiation of talent agreements.
Data Privacy and Security
- Counseled various companies on data incident crisis management.
- Speaker, “Social Media, Security, & Ethics,” Santa Clara County Bar Association CLE Seminar, San Jose, CA (December 8, 2014)