Eli S. Rosenbaum
Senior Funds Attorney
Eli S. Rosenbaum is a senior funds attorney in Ropes & Gray’s asset management group. His practice is focused on counseling institutional investors on their investments in the full range of private funds. Eli also has experience representing sponsors of private funds with respect to both formation and compliance matters.
Eli was an associate at the firm from 2010 to 2013, and rejoined the firm in 2014 after spending over a year as a sole practitioner focused on representing early-stage companies. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Eli was a Teaching Fellow in Government at Harvard College, where he received the Harvard University Certificate of Distinction in Teaching.
- Negotiated private fund investments on behalf of university endowments, foundations, pension funds, funds of funds, and other large investors.
- Helped form buyout, hedge, real estate, mezzanine, natural resources, and venture funds.
- Counseled institutional investors on investment structuring and compliance matters.
- Advised participants in complex co-investment deals, both domestically and cross-border.
- Registered several large private fund sponsors with the Securities and Exchange Commission as investment advisers.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2009
- MPP, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 2009
- AB, summa cum laude, Harvard College, 2005; Phi Beta Kappa