Eli S. Rosenbaum
Senior Funds Attorney
Eli S. Rosenbaum is a senior funds attorney in the Private Investment Funds Group. His practice is focused on analyzing and negotiating investments in private funds on behalf of institutional investors. Eli also has experience representing sponsors of private funds with respect to both formation and compliance matters. Eli joined Ropes & Gray in January 2010 as an associate, and rejoined the firm in July 2014 after spending over a year as a sole practitioner focused on representing early-stage companies. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Eli was a Teaching Fellow in Government at Harvard College, where he received the Harvard University Certificate of Distinction in Teaching.
- Negotiated private fund investments on behalf of university endowments, foundations, pension funds, funds of funds, and other large investors.
- Helped form buyout, hedge, real estate, mezzanine, natural resources, and venture funds.
- Advised participants in complex co-investment deals, both domestically and cross-border.
- Counseled institutional investors on investment structuring and compliance matters.
- Registered several large private fund sponsors with the Securities and Exchange Commission as investment advisers.
- Co-author, “Special Considerations for Private Fund Advisers under the Advisers Act,” Investment Adviser Association Newsletter, Issue 222 (June 1, 2011)
- “Is Scale a Vice? Governing Mumbai’s Millions,” Urban Age E-Bulletin, Issue 1 (2008)
- “Redistricting Reform’s Dead End,” Washington Post, October 29, 2005