Eli S. Rosenbaum
Eli S. Rosenbaum is counsel in Ropes & Gray's asset management group. His practice is focused on advising institutional investors on their investments in the full range of private funds. Eli also has experience representing sponsors of private funds with respect to both formation and compliance matters. Clients turn to Eli for his practical, commercial and candid advice. He has broad knowledge of the private funds market, and balances a focus on details with big-picture thinking about what makes the most sense for clients, based on their investment goals.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Eli was a Teaching Fellow in Government at Harvard College, where he received the Harvard University Certificate of Distinction in Teaching.
- Negotiated private fund investments on behalf of university endowments, foundations, pension funds, funds of funds and other large investors.
- Helped form buyout, hedge, real estate, credit, natural resources and venture funds.
- Counseled institutional investors on investment structuring and compliance matters.
- Advised participants in co-investment deals, both domestically and cross-border.
- Registered several large private fund sponsors with the Securities and Exchange Commission as investment advisers.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2009
- MPP, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 2009
- AB, summa cum laude, Harvard College, 2005; Phi Beta Kappa