Ben Rogers provides federal income tax advice regarding complex business transactions including mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, and restructurings. His clients include public and private companies, as well as private investment funds. He also advises institutional investors on tax considerations relating to investment funds, as well as direct investments in real estate and other alternative investments.
- Representing ZZ Capital International in its pending acquisition of U.S. index provider Alerian in a transaction valued at up to $812 million.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its 2017 acquisition of Tekni-Plex, Inc., a global company focused on developing highly engineered products, including medical tubing and compounds, pharma barrier films, dispensing components, closure liners and specialty food packaging.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. in its 2017 acquisition of the Winter Sports division of Newell Brands Inc. for $240 million.
- Represented the Blackstone Group and its portfolio company Change Healthcare Holdings in Change’s combination with McKesson Technology Solutions to create a joint venture with pro forma annual revenues of $3.4 billion.
- Represented Shire Plc in connection with its $32 billion combination with Baxalta, a business spun out of Baxter International, for a combination of cash and stock.
- Represented SunGard Data Systems, a software and technology services company with annual revenue of approximately $2.8 billion, and its private equity shareholders in its 2014 tax-free split-off of Sungard Availability Services, a managed IT, cloud, and recovery services company with annual revenue of approximately $1.4 billion.
- Represented the Blackstone Group and Bain Capital in the 2016 sale of The Weather Company’s B2B, mobile and cloud-based web properties to IBM.
- Represented Bain Capital in its 2013 acquisition and its 2016 sale to Frank’s International of Blackhawk Specialty Tools, LLC, an oil and gas services company.
- Represented TPG Capital and its portfolio company American Tire Distributors in connection with a 2015 investment in ATD by Ares Management, L.P.
- Represented Cressey & Company in its 2015 recapitalization of veterinary hospital operator VetCor Group Holdings Corp. alongside Harvest Partners, LP.
- Represented Titan Outdoor Holdings, Inc. and its majority owner Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the sale of Titan to Intersection Holdings, LLC.
- Represented AUA Private Equity Partners LLC in its 2015 investment in restaurant chain Tijuana Flats Holdings LLC.
- Represented cutting systems manufacturer Hypertherm, Inc. in its 2014 reorganization into a 100% Employee Stock Ownership Plan-owned S Corporation.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its 2014 acquisition of HDT Global.