Bob A. Rivollier
Bob Rivollier is a partner in the private equity transactions group in the firm’s New York office. With over a decade of experience advising clients on leveraged buyouts, M&A and financing transactions, Bob is a trusted adviser for private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on their most critical transactions and other business initiatives.
In his career, Bob has advised clients on multiple billions worth of deals across several key industries, including health care and pharma (most recently advising Avista Capital Partners on its acquisition of United BioSource and its sale of Zest Dental Solutions), industrials (regularly advising American Industrial Partners), and consumer products (most recently advising Partners Group on its acquisition of Hearthside Food Solutions and Castanea Partners on its acquisition of Yasso). Within the health care industry, Bob has also developed a particular focus on management services organizations, representing Avista Capital Partners on its acquisition of National Spine and Pain Centers, and Heartland Dental on its acquisition by KKR.
A native of Luxembourg, educated in Belgium, Scotland and the United States, and fluent in English, French, German and Luxembourgish, Bob brings a valuable global perspective to a dealmaking landscape that is increasingly cross-border in nature. He has worked as a transactional lawyer in both New York and London, and he frequently represents non-U.S. private equity sponsors in connection with their inbound investments into the United States.
Bob’s representative transactions include:
- American Industrial Partners – Acquisition of the steel fabrication business of Commercial Metals Company by FabSouth (April 2018)
- American Industrial Partners – Acquisition of Ferrara Fire Apparatus by REV Group (April 2017)
- Aquiline Capital Partners – Acquisition of Aspirion Health Resources (May 2018)
- Avista Capital Partners – Sale of Zest Dental Solutions (March 2018)
- Avista Capital Partners – Acquisition of United BioSource, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Express Scripts Holding Company (December 2017)
- Avista Capital Partners – Acquisition of National Spine and Pain Centers (June 2017), and NSPC’s acquisition of Advanced Medical Group, PA (January 2018)
- Avista Capital Partners – Acquisition of a majority stake in Vertical Pharmaceuticals and Trigen Laboratories (December 2013)*; combination of Vertical Pharmaceuticals and Trigen Laboratories with Osmotica Pharmaceuticals (February 2016)*
- Avista Capital Partners and Partners Group – Acquisition of Strategic Partners (August 2012)*
- Castanea Partners – Acquisition of Yasso (March 2017)
- Flexis Capital and TZP Group – Significant Investment in Hylan Datacom & Electrical (July 2016)*
- Heartland Dental – Acquisition of majority interest by KKR (April 2018)
- Partners Group and Charlesbank Capital Partners – Acquisition of Hearthside Food Solutions (May 2018)
- Partners Group – Acquisition of United States Infrastructure Corporation (November 2017)
- Partners Group – Acquisition of Universal Services of America (July 2013)*; sale of Universal Services of America (Universal) to an affiliate of Warburg Pincus, and minority investment alongside Warburg Pincus into the combined Universal/Guardsmark business (July 2015)*
- Perella Weinberg Partners – Significant Investment in Hyphen Solutions (May 2016)*
- The Jordan Company – Acquisition of Capstone Logistics (August 2014)*, and Capstone Logistics’ acquisition of Pinnacle Workforce Logistics (June 2015)* and Best Loading Service (April 2016)*
Please note that representations with an asterisk (*) were completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray LLP.