Daniel T. Roble
Dan Roble represented a wide range of health care clients on corporate and regulatory matters. Dan’s clients included academic medical centers, community hospitals, managed care organizations, large physician group practices, and private equity investors in the health care field. Dan advised his clients on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, and on the creation of innovative compensation relationships based on quality initiatives among hospitals, physician groups, and managed care organizations. He has deep knowledge of the federal and state regulatory requirements impacting such transactions and relationships, and also counseled his clients on governance issues.
- Quality Pay-for-Performance Program - Dan represented a managed care organization in its creation of a pay-for-performance program with a physician-hospital organization which rewarded the participating hospital and physicians for achieving reductions in hospital-acquired conditions and readmissions, and for improving quality under a number of CMS measures while reducing costs.
- Faculty Practice Plan Physicians and Community Physician Organization - Dan crafted an organization structure within regulatory requirements between a faculty practice plan, community physicians, and a hospital system which aligned the financial interests and created a common governance structure among the parties.
- Governance and Conflicts of Interest - Dan assisted a community hospital’s board of trustees to resolve a competitive conflict of interest between the hospital and physician members of the hospital’s board of trustees by crafting a series of principles satisfactory to the physician-trustees and the hospital.
- Warnke, Roble, and Willis, Is Massachusetts Poised to Leap Ahead of the Curve on Health Care Cost Containment?, Health Plan & Provider (BNA)
- Claiborne, Hesse and Roble, Legal Impediments to Implementing Value Based Purchasing in Healthcare, American Journal of Law & Medicine
- Jain and Roble, Gainsharing in Health Care: Meeting the Quality- of- Care Challenge, Healthcare Financial Management
- Reynolds and Roble, Speed Limits on the Highway to Clinical Quality and Efficiency, American College of Physician Executives
- LeCraw and Roble, Physicians on the Board: Competitive Conflicts of Interest, Trustee Magazine