Elissa C. Reidy
Elissa Reidy is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Enforcement group and her practice focuses on complex civil litigation and government investigations. Elissa has represented corporations, investment management firms, and health care clients in all stages of litigation and enforcement proceedings. Elissa also maintains an active pro bono practice, with a focus on immigration and family law matters.
Elissa rejoined Ropes & Gray in 2017 following a yearlong clerkship with the Honorable Stephen A. Higginson of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. She first joined the firm in 2014 after completing a public interest fellowship at a legal services organization. Elissa graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in 2013 where she served as an Executive Editor of the Michigan Law Review and argued an appeal before the Sixth Circuit as a member of the Michigan Federal Appellate Litigation Clinic.
- Represents clients in active and complex federal and state litigation, including class-action securities lawsuits, multi-district litigation, and bankruptcy matters.
- Represents clients in SEC inquiries and enforcement actions.
- Represents clients in investigations brought by state attorneys general.
- Successfully represented hedge fund in federal court litigation brought by public company alleging defamation and other tort claims.
- Successfully represented private equity firm in class-action lawsuit alleging violations of federal securities laws.
- Successfully represented corporation in commercial arbitration against a national bank involving complex indemnification, contract, and tort disputes.
- Successfully represented dental health product company in litigation with shareholders’ agent over disposition of escrow fund following a merger.
- Represented electronics manufacturer in multi-district antitrust litigation.
- Represents pro bono clients in immigration, family law, and small claims matters.