Feifei (Andrea) Ren
Andrea Ren joined the litigation department of Ropes & Gray in 2016. Before joining the firm, Andrea worked as a law clerk in the D.C. office of another leading international law firm, focusing on matters involving international trade and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Prior to law school, Andrea was an associate working in the Beijing office of a large U.S. law firm, where she primarily assisted the managing partner with litigation and arbitration cases under the laws of China and Hong Kong and with liquidating subsidiaries and de-registering representative offices of foreign companies in China. Andrea also has experience in the areas of regulatory compliance and immigration compliance.
During law school, Andrea served as an articles editor on the American University Law Review and worked as a Dean’s Fellow for Professor Amy Tenney on developing course materials for the White Collar Crime class and on managing the Program on Law & Government and the SJD Program.
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical company in connection with multistate investigations and multidistrict federal and state litigations involving allegedly misleading marketing and promotion of certain branded and generic prescription drugs.
- Representing a multinational networking, telecommunications equipment, and services company in a federal antitrust investigation.
- Representing an individual in a federal investigation of health care fraud.
- Conduct international anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions risk assessment and due diligence for private equity firms, hedge funds, biotechnology companies, and other clients.
- Assisted in the representation of a global finance company in an SEC investigation of its private equity funds.
- Assisted in the defense of a hedge fund in a criminal investigation of tax fraud in France.
- Assisted an industrial equipment and technologies provider with conducting an internal whistleblower investigation of potential violations of anti-bribery laws.
- Assisted in an independent investigation of a multi-national pharmaceutical company related to its allegations of corruption in China.
Business & Securities Litigation
- Successfully represented a member of a wealth management firm in arbitrating contractual disputes.
- Successfully defended a financial advisor in a Delaware class action brought by minority shareholders.
- Assisted in the representation of an investment management firm in a residential mortgage backed securities loan repurchase action.
- Represent asylum applicants.
- Drafted an amicus brief filed with the Board of Immigration Appeals in an asylum case remanded by the Supreme Court.
Notable Matters Prior to Joining Ropes & Gray
- Assisted in the representation of a major US casino and resort corporation in federal investigations of its alleged corruption in China and Macau.
- Assisted a leading global technology and engineering company with reviewing its internal compliance program for implementing its settlement of anti-bribery investigations with the federal government.
- Assisted in the representation of a solar panels producer in a major US-China anti-dumping dispute.