Feifei (Andrea) Ren
Andrea Ren focuses her practice on civil and criminal government enforcement matters, internal investigations, and federal and state litigations for a wide range of domestic and international clients. Before joining Ropes & Gray, Andrea worked as a law clerk in the D.C. office of another leading law firm, working on matters involving international trade and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Prior to law school, Andrea was an associate in the Beijing office of a large U.S. law firm, where she primarily assisted the managing partner with litigation and arbitration cases under the laws of China and Hong Kong and with liquidating subsidiaries and de-registering representative offices of foreign companies in China. Andrea also has experience in the areas of regulatory compliance and immigration compliance.
During law school, Andrea served as an Articles Editor on the American University Law Review.
- Representing a leading pharmaceutical company in connection with multistate investigations and multidistrict federal and state litigations involving allegedly misleading marketing and promotion of certain branded and generic prescription drugs.
- Representing a multinational networking, telecommunications equipment, and services company in a federal antitrust investigation.
- Representing an individual in a federal investigation of health care fraud.
- Representing a health care information management company in a False Claims Act investigation.
- Conduct international anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, and sanctions risk assessment and due diligence for private equity firms, hedge funds, biotechnology companies, and other clients.
- Assisted in the representation of a global finance company in an SEC investigation of its private equity funds.
- Assisted an industrial equipment and technologies provider with conducting an internal whistleblower investigation of potential violations of anti-bribery laws.
- Assisted in an independent investigation of a multi-national pharmaceutical company related to its allegations of corruption in China.
Business & Securities Litigation
- Successfully represented a member of a wealth management firm in arbitrating contractual disputes.
- Successfully defended a financial advisor in a Delaware class action brought by minority shareholders.
- Assisted in the representation of an investment management firm in a residential mortgage backed securities loan repurchase action.
- Represent asylum applicants.
- Drafted an amicus brief filed with the Board of Immigration Appeals in an asylum case remanded by the Supreme Court.
Notable Matters Prior to Joining Ropes & Gray
- Assisted in the representation of a major U.S. casino and resort corporation in federal investigations of its alleged corruption in China and Macau.
- Assisted a leading global technology and engineering company with reviewing its internal compliance program for implementing its settlement of anti-bribery investigations with the federal government.