Grant M. Rauscher
Grant M. Rauscher joined Ropes & Gray in 2015 and is an associate in the firm’s private equity group. Grant regularly advises private equity and strategic investors in a range of transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions of public and private businesses across a variety of industries and general corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Grant practiced for several years at a leading firm in New York, where he focused primarily on acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Represented China Oceanwide in connection with its acquisition of International Data Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, International Data Corporation, IDG Communications and IDG Ventures. Winner for “Deal of the Year” in 2017 by China Business Law Journal.
- Represented a U.S. hedge fund in connection with the co-investment in a foreign-owned U.S. subsidiary.
- Represented an Asian private investment firm in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in a global manufacturing company based on South Korea.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of National Spine & Pain Centers, a provider of administrative services to pain management clinics.
- Represented 3i Group plc in connection with the sale of 3i’s debt management business.
- Represented Boomerang Tube LLC in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and successful restructuring of approximately $300 million of ABL and term loan debt obligations.
- Represented an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturer in the sale to SK Capital Partners of its global narcotics business, one of the world's leading producers of opiates.
- Represented Envision Healthcare in its $620 million acquisition of Rural/Metro Corporation.
- Represented Spirit Airlines in its private mortgage financings for up to $379 million with a syndicate of banks involving senior and junior loans for the purchase of seven new Airbus A320-200 aircraft and three new Airbus A321-200 aircraft.
- Represented American Airlines in mortgage financings by Export Development Canada of up to 30 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft and the leasing of those aircraft to American Eagle carriers.
- Co-author, “The ZEV’s are Coming!” New York Energy Week (June 25, 2015)