Grant M. Rauscher
Grant Rauscher joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 and is an associate in the firm’s private equity, mergers and acquisitions and special situations practice groups. Grant represents private equity firms and public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, minority investments and divestitures. He has experience across a variety of industries, including technology, manufacturing, consumer products, health care, asset management and financial services. Grant also regularly advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on corporate governance, compliance and general operational matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Grant practiced for several years at a leading firm in New York, where he focused primarily on acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
Representative Private Equity and Strategic Transactions
- Represented Berkshire Partners, a private equity firm, and Affordable Care, LLC, a dental practice management company and portfolio company of Berkshire Partners, in their acquisition of DDS Dentures + Implant Solutions, a dental practice management company.
- Represented Prospect Hill Growth Partners in its acquisition of Walker Edison, a home furnishings supplier.
- Represented a financial services advisor in its sale to a Canadian financing company.
- Represented an Indian information technology services provider in its negotiations for the purchase of a U.S. digital marketing business.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in its acquisition of National Spine & Pain Centers, a provider of administrative services to pain management clinics.
- Represented an Asian private investment firm in its acquisition of a global manufacturing company based in South Korea.
- Represented China Oceanwide in connection with its acquisition of International Data Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, International Data Corporation, IDG Communications and IDG Ventures. Winner for “Deal of the Year” in 2017 by China Business Law Journal.
- Represented 3i Group plc in its sale of its debt management business.
- Represented an American multinational medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged goods manufacturer in its sale to SK Capital Partners of its global narcotics business, one of the world's leading producers of opiates.
- Represented Envision Healthcare in acquisition of Rural/Metro Corporation, a private ambulance and fire protection services company.
Representative Minority Investment Transactions
- Represented a global investment management corporation on its:
- co-investment in a business-to-business software company,
- preferred equity investment in a consumer services business,
- co-investment in a public emergency services company, and
- co-investment in a global manufacturer of thermal management products.
- Represented a U.S. hedge fund on its co-investment in a global manufacturer of semiconductors.
- Represented a French investment bank in its minority investment.
Representative Other Transactions
- Represented Boomerang Tube LLC in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware and successful restructuring of approximately $300 million of ABL and term loan debt obligations.
- Represented Spirit Airlines in its private mortgage financings for up to $379 million with a syndicate of banks involving senior and junior loans for the purchase of seven new Airbus A320-200 aircraft and three new Airbus A321-200 aircraft.
- Represented American Airlines in mortgage financings by Export Development Canada of up to 30 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft and the leasing of those aircraft to American Eagle carriers.
- Co-author, “The ZEV’s are Coming!” New York Energy Week (June 25, 2015)
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 2013; Board Member, Moot Court Board; Board Member, Mock Trial Board
- BA (Government), High Honors, The University of Texas at Austin, 2010
- BBA (Supply Chain Management and Business Honors Program), Honors, The University of Texas at Austin, 2010; Phi Beta Kappa