Jennifer A. Rikoski
Jennifer Rikoski joined Ropes & Gray in 2006, practicing in the tax & benefits and sports law departments. Jenny focuses on executive compensation and employee benefits. She represents public company and private equity clients in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, structuring management equity arrangements, negotiating employment and severance agreements, and advising on deferred compensation and other incentive programs. Jenny has successfully represented more than two dozen refugees and asylum-seekers on a pro bono basis and regularly lectures and leads trainings on immigration law and policy. Jenny serves as co-chair of the firm’s pro bono committee and Boston hiring partner.
- Represented Pfizer in its acquisition of Hospira.
- Represented Bain Capital in its investment in TOMS Shoes, TI Automotive, Blue Coat Systems, Navicure, and Innocor.
- Represented The Michaels Companies in its initial public offering.
- Represented Canada Goose in its initial public offering.
- Regularly represents Kohlberg & Co. in private equity transactions, including the acquisition of Centerplate, Centerplate’s acquisitions of John Harvard’s Brew House Inc. and Boston Culinary Group, the sale of Centerplate, the merger of Central Parking with Standard Parking, the sale of Phillips Medisize, the sale of Packaging Dynamics, the acquisition and sale of Risk Strategies, and the acquisition of CIBT.
- Represented Advent International in its investment in Genoa, a QoL Healthcare Company, and in Ansira Partners.
- Regularly represents Becton Dickinson in acquisitions and divestitures.
- Represented Madison Dearborn Partners in its going-private acquisition of National Financial Partners and in its acquisition and sale of Multi Packaging Solutions.
- Represented TPG Capital in the acquisition of J. Crew.
- Represented Altamont Capital in its investment HUF Worldwide.
- Represented Timberland Company in its sale to V.F. Corporation.
- Advises public companies and private equity firms and their portfolio companies on equity, employment, and ERISA matters.
- Represents college basketball coaches and athletic directors in negotiating employment agreements and deferred compensation arrangements.
- Represents pro bono refugees, asylum-seekers and others seeking immigration assistance from countries around the world, including Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Colombia, Honduras, and El Salvador.
- Quoted, “Mass. law firms make case for high praise with pro bono work,” The Boston Business Journal (January 25, 2018)
- Quoted, “Backlog in NY Immigration Court Leaves Most Undocumented Children Without Lawyers,” WNYC-FM (November 27, 2017)
- Jennifer Rikoski and Jonathan Finer, “Out of Iraq: The U.S. Legal Regime Governing Iraqi Refugee Resettlement,”Rutgers L. Rec., Vol. 34, Spring 2009
- Jonathan Finer and Jennifer Rikoski, “Stuck in Syria With No Way Home,”The Washington Post, op-ed, June 1, 2008
- “Reform but Preserve the Federal Tax Deduction for Charitable Contributions of Historic Façade Easements,” The Tax Lawyer, Vol. 59, No. 2, Winter 2006