Jennifer L. Romig
Jennifer Romig joined Ropes & Gray in 2010 as an associate practicing in the health care group. Jennifer provides regulatory, transactional, and compliance advice to a broad range of clients, including hospitals, managed care plans, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, technology product and service providers and managed service organizations.
Jennifer has particular experience counseling on an array of data privacy, protection and security matters under HIPAA as well as state privacy and security laws. In addition, Jennifer advises clients in connection with compliance matters and innovative health care payment models, including the Bundled Payment for Care Improvement initiative and the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model. Jennifer also advises private equity, for-profit and tax-exempt clients regarding health care due diligence, regulatory and reimbursement issues.
Jennifer previously worked onsite in the legal department of a multinational medical device company. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jennifer worked as a Public Interest Fellow in the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at Southeast Louisiana Legal Services.
- Counseled an academic medical center on its affiliation with a large health system and provided advice with respect to affiliation agreements and diligence matters.
- Advised a physician group practice on its contract negotiations with a large health system.
- Assisted a client with the development and implementation of a HIPAA compliance program.
- Performed regulatory due diligence in connection with transactions involving medical device companies.
- Co-author, “Top 5 Privacy and Security Challenges for Adopters of Blockchain Technology in Health Care,” Bloomberg Law’s Health Law & Business (July 17, 2018)
- Quoted, “HIPAA Restricts Some Photography, But Not All,” Healthcare Risk Management (March 1, 2018)
- Co-author, “Compliance And The Transition To Value-Based Care,” Law360 (May 31, 2017)
- Co-author, “Inside the HHS Guidance on Ransomware,” Law360 (July 29, 2016)
- Co-author, “Key Data Privacy and Security Concerns for Investment Firms,” Law360 (May 20, 2016)
- Co-author, “Examining the Final Rule Modifying HIPAA,” Inside Counsel (August 21, 2013)
- Co-author, “Practical Steps for Business Associate Compliance With the HIPAA Final Rule,” Bloomberg BNA’s Health Care Policy Report (August 12, 2013)
- Co-author, “Takeaways From HHS Corporate Integrity Agreement Reports,” Law360 (November 19, 2012)
- Speaker, “Due Diligence for Digital Health Transactions” at the American Conference Institute’s Summit on Digital Health Law (July 20, 2018)
- Speaker, “Networked Medical Devices and Current Security Risks” (July 16, 2018)
- Presenter, “The Ever-Changing Privacy and Cybersecurity Landscape and its Impact on Health Care Companies” (July 20, 2017)
- Presenter, “The Transition to Value-Based Health Care: Recommendations for Medical Device Manufacturers” (April 27, 2017)
- Presenter, “Be Vigilant! The Current State of Health Care Data Privacy Enforcement and What You Can Do to Prepare,” Association of Corporate Counsel, Chicago Chapter (February 24, 2016)
- Presenter, “HIPAA/HITECH Act in 2014: What You Need to Know,” The Knowledge Conference (May 16, 2014)