Jessica L. Reece
Jessica Reece is counsel in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s asset management group. Jessica’s practice focuses on representing registered investment companies, their independent trustees and investment advisers in regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters. She regularly advises with respect to the development, registration and operation of fund products, including the preparation and review of disclosure in offering documents, shareholder communications, and advertising materials, and with the ongoing representation of registered funds’ boards of trustees. Jessica has experience preparing exemptive applications, no-action requests and responses to regulatory inquiries and investigations. She also has significant experience advising with respect to affiliated and unaffiliated fund reorganizations, as well as the creation and implementation of compliance programs for investment advisers and investment companies.
- Represents the Voya Funds mutual fund and closed end fund complex.
- Represents the independent trustees of Market Vectors ETFs, an exchange traded fund complex that specializes in international and non-traditional asset classes.
- Advised a London-based investment adviser on the launch and operation of its U.S. mutual funds and related businesses.
- Drafted proxy statements/prospectuses and provided oversight during the SEC registration process for over 90 fund mergers to integrate the legacy Columbia and RiverSource fund families.
- Represented an investment adviser client, following its acquisition of another asset management firm, in over 30 mutual fund mergers to consolidate the two mutual fund groups.
- Regularly advises clients in the financial services and other industries regarding investment company status questions raised by a variety of transactions, including debt and equity offerings.
- Advise with respect to compliance programs and related matters under Rules 38a-1 and 206(4)-7, including creating new compliance programs for registered advisers and investment companies.
- Jessica Chilson (Reece), "Unmasking John Doe: Setting a Standard for Discovery in Anonymous Internet Defamation Cases," 95 Virginia Law Review 389 (2009)
- JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2008; Virginia Law Review ; Symposium Editor, Journal of Law and Politics
- BA (Political Science and Cultural Anthropology), Duke University, 2005
Admissions / Qualifications
- District of Columbia, 2010
- Massachusetts, 2008