Kevin Rich is a litigation & enforcement associate whose practice includes government and internal investigations, civil litigation, criminal white collar defense trial preparation, and antitrust merger review. He has conducted investigations concerning clinical data integrity, improper sales techniques, and, data breaches at major companies. He has also represented clients in matters involving the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, and the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act as well as aided clients in responding to subpoenas from several federal agencies including the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission. These clients range from major bio-pharmaceutical device manufacturers to individual clients. Additionally, Kevin has helped pro bono clients in immigration, housing, and First Amendment matters.
During law school, Kevin was involved in the Youth and Education Law Project and the Three Strikes Project.
- Conducted an internal investigation in response to internal complaints about impermissible sales tactics and potential kickbacks at a major pharmaceutical company.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a major pharmaceutical company to assess clinical trial data integrity.
- Conducted an internal investigation to assess whether sales representatives were encouraged to make potentially unsubstantiated comparative claims at a major pharmaceutical company.
- Aided a major hedge fund in responding to third party subpoenas from a government agency regarding prior mergers and acquisitions.
- Represented clients in federal criminal trials concerning opioid manufacturing.
- Currently represents and pharmaceutical company in responding to DOJ subpoenas concerning medical devices.
- Member of the Special Master team appointed by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court to oversee inmate confinement conditions and the early release process in light of the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- Represents multiple immigrant defendants in challenging the July 2019 federal government’s expansion of expedited removal.
- JD, Stanford Law School, 2017; Co-President, Stanford Law Association; Member, Black Law Student Association; Participant, Youth and Education Law Project; Participant, Three Strikes Project
- BA (History Major; Legal Studies Minor), cum laude, Trinity College, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2017