Lavanya Raghavan joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in the private investment funds group in London in 2018.
Lavanya has a wide range of experience in private funds, with a focus on advising sponsors of private funds, spanning a range of sectors, on fund formation, co-investments and operational matters. Additionally, Lavanya has advised sponsors on carried interest and executive participation schemes and ESG issues. Lavanya has worked with a number of first-time fund managers.
Lavanya represents significant institutional investors in connection with primary and secondary purchases of interests in private investment funds and co-investments alongside major sponsors.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Lavanya was an associate in the London investment funds practice of a Magic Circle firm, where she completed secondments with their Singapore and Amsterdam funds teams as well as with a diversified UK fund manager investing in real assets, private credit and venture capital.
- Acting for a global alternative investment manager on a secondary disposal of interests by a fund-of-fund
- Acting for the private wealth division of a global bank in connection with its feeder programme and fund placement services
- Acting for a pre-eminent Dutch manager on its seventh buyout fund, targeting €2 billion in commitments for investments in Europe*
- Acting for a institutional UK infrastructure manager in relation to its €1.8 billion European infrastructure fund*
- Acting for a large Asian institutional investor on a secondary disposal of a portfolio of fund interests of over US$1 billion*
- Acting for a sustainability-focused US and UK investment manager on its growth equity funds*
- Acting for a Danish manager in connection with the establishment of its fifth fund targeting buyouts in Nordic countries*
- Acting for one of West Africa’s largest fund managers on successive fundraisings targeting private equity investments in the region*
- Acting for a real estate joint venture on its first fund focusing on value and value-add investment opportunities in Europe*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Legal Practice Course, University of Law, London, 2010
- Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Law, London, 2009
- BA (Economics and International Studies), Yale University, 2008