Lavanya Raghavan is counsel in the asset management group in London.
Lavanya has a broad-based investment funds practice, having advised established and emerging sponsors of private funds spanning a range of asset classes on fund formation, co-investments, carried interest and executive participation schemes, governance arrangements and ESG issues.
Lavanya routinely represents significant institutional investors in connection with primary investments and co-investments, as well as secondary transactions relating to such interests.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray in 2018, Lavanya was an associate in the London investment funds practice of a Magic Circle firm.
- Acting for a US real estate fund manager on Asia-focused joint venture arrangements
- Acting for a global real estate fund manager on its proposed opportunities fund
- Acting for institutional investors on various secondary transactions
- Acting for the two global banks in connection with their feeder offerings and related distribution services
- Acting for a pre-eminent Dutch manager on its seventh buyout fund, targeting €2 billion in commitments for investments in Europe*
- Acting for a institutional UK infrastructure manager in relation to its €1.8 billion European infrastructure fund*
- Acting for a large Asian institutional investor on a secondary disposal of a portfolio of fund interests of over US$1 billion*
- Acting for a sustainability-focused US and UK investment manager on its growth equity funds*
- Acting for a Danish manager in connection with the establishment of its fifth fund targeting buyouts in Nordic countries*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Quoted, “ESG: Asset managers vary in enthusiasm,” International Financial Law Review (October 24, 2019)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Legal Practice Course, University of Law, London, 2010
- Graduate Diploma in Law, University of Law, London, 2009
- BA (Economics and International Studies), Yale University, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, 2012