Lavanya Raghavan joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in the private investment funds group in London in 2018.
Lavanya advises sponsors of private funds, spanning the buyout, growth capital, infrastructure, real estate and renewable energy sectors, on fund formation, co-investments and operational matters. Additionally, Lavanya has advised sponsors on carried interest and executive participation schemes and ESG issues. Lavanya has experience advising a number of first-time fund managers, particularly in emerging markets.
Lavanya also represents institutional investors in connection with primary and secondary purchases of interests in private investment funds and co-investments alongside major sponsors.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Lavanya was an associate in the London investment funds practice of a Magic Circle firm, where she completed secondments with their Singapore and Amsterdam funds teams as well as a diversified UK fund manager investing in real assets, private credit and venture capital.
- Acting for a pre-eminent Dutch manager on its seventh buyout fund, targeting €2 billion in commitments for investments in Europe*
- Acting for a institutional UK infrastructure manager in relation to its €1.8 billion European infrastructure fund*
- Acting for a large Asian institutional investor on a secondary disposal of a portfolio of fund interests of over US$1 billion*
- Acting for a sustainability-focused US and UK investment manager on its growth equity funds*
- Acting for a Danish manager in connection with the establishment of its fifth fund targeting buyouts in Nordic countries*
- Acting for one of West Africa’s largest fund managers on successive fundraisings targeting private equity investments in the region*
- Acting for a real estate joint venture on its first fund focusing on value and value-add investment opportunities in Europe*
- Acting for a prominent international development finance institution on its anchor investments in various emerging markets funds*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray