Lindsay G. Rutishauser
Lindsay joined Ropes & Gray in 2014 as an associate practicing in the corporate department. Lindsay’s practice focuses on private fund matters, which includes advising clients on regulatory and compliance issues that face the private fund industry, forming and operating private funds and investing in private funds. In addition, Lindsay also advises private equity firms in connection with mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Lindsay worked at two private equity real estate companies, where she focused on commercial real estate investments in Russia, Turkey, India, and Brazil. During law school, Lindsay served as an executive editor on the Duke Journal of Comparative & International Law and studied abroad in Hong Kong at the Asia-America Institute in Transnational Law.
- Advised private investment fund advisers on various regulatory matters, including Form ADV Filings and other regulatory filings (including TPG Capital, GI Partners, Silver Lake Partners, Berkshire Partners, PIMCO, and Bain Capital Credit).
- Assisted private investment fund advisers with general compliance matters by drafting compliance manuals and developing internal compliance programs.
- Assisted a fund sponsor in connection with its domestic and international offering of a multi-million dollar leveraged buy-out private equity fund.
- Reviewed and negotiated private fund investment transactions for various clients.
- Advised Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in connection with its sale of NaviHealth, a provider of risk-based products and services relating to post-acute care.
- Advised Gridiron Capital in connection with its acquisition of Dent Wizard, a provider of automotive reconditioning services.
- Co-author, “The SEC's Current View on Private Equity,” Private Equity Growth Capital Council (June 26, 2015)