Marc B. Roitman
Marc Roitman is an associate in the business restructuring group and focuses his practice on advising secured and unsecured creditors, strategic investors, and debtors in bankruptcy and insolvency situations.
Marc was cited as a “Rising Star” in New York Super Lawyers (2015-2018).
- Represented Elliott Management Corporation in the chapter 11 cases of PG&E Corporation
- Represented independent manager of FirstEnergy Nuclear Generation, LLC in the chapter 11 cases of FirstEnergy Solutions Corporation
- Represented Reebok Ltd. and adidas AG in the chapter 11 cases of The Rockport Company, LLC
- Represented Elliott Management Corporation on business restructuring issues related to a $1.62 billion equity investment in FirstEnergy Corporation
- Represented a consortium of investors controlled by an investment fund with over $27 billion of assets under management in connection with the acquisition of certain claims against Westinghouse Electric Company LLC
- Represented an ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders of both GenOn Energy, Inc. and GenOn Americas Generation, LLC, wholesale power generation subsidiaries of NRG Energy, Inc., in their pre-arranged chapter 11 cases in the Southern District of Texas
- Represented Gawker Media LLC, an online media company, in its chapter 11 case in the Southern District of New York, including in its section 363 auction process and sale to Univision
- Represented Doral Financial Corporation, a former bank holding company, in its chapter 11 case in the Southern District of New York
Select representations prior to joining Ropes & Gray include:
- Represented a strategic bidder for significant operations owned by Energy Future Holdings Corp.
- Represented a major bond insurer in the chapter 9 case of the City of Detroit, Michigan
- Represented the court-appointed Examiner Arthur J. Gonzalez in the Residential Capital, LLC chapter 11 cases, investigating certain proposed postpetition transactions, including the company's negotiation of plan support and settlement agreements, asset purchase agreements, and DIP financing facilities
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Tribune Company chapter 11 cases
- Co-Author, “Fighting For A Prefiling RSA Can Hurt Your Credibility,” Law360 (February 3, 2015)
- Author, “An Oversecured Lender’s Right to Default Interest and Late Payment Penalties,” Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law (October 2012)
- Author, “Going, Going, Gone: Cubs And Rangers Bankruptcies,” Law360 (February 4, 2011)