Meredythe is an associate with the Ropes & Gray health care group. With a background in litigation, Meredythe focuses on enforcement, regulatory and compliance matters for clients responding to government investigations and audits and addressing internal compliance vulnerabilities. Her clients have included managed care plans, home health agencies, hospitals and community-based providers.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Meredythe worked for the Legal Aid Society’s Immigration Defense Unit, representing non-citizens in removal proceedings. While at Ropes & Gray, she spent nine months working at MFY Legal Services providing indigent New Yorkers with representation in housing court. She continues to maintain an active pro bono practice, including representing immigration clients at the federal appellate level.
Meredythe is active in the Ropes & Gray Women’s Forum.
- Represented a managed long term care plan in a high-profile fraud investigation conducted by the New York State Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented a home health provider in a qui tam fraud investigation by the New York State Attorney General’s Medicaid Fraud Control Unit and the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York resulting in the government’s decision to decline to intervene in the case.
- Furnishing ongoing regulatory advice to home health providers and managed care plans regarding both routine and non-routine compliance, enforcement and reimbursement issues arising out of plan enrollment regulations, internal compliance and billing matters.
- Compliance program review and risk assessment for home health provider and managed care plan with the objective of enhancing the effectiveness of health care compliance program activities to meet obligations under OIG and OMIG CIAs, continually evolving legal standards and industry best practices.
- Other civil litigation including representing the world’s largest mutual fund in an action in Connecticut state court against the Trustee of a mortgage pool trust for failure to protect trust investors, preparing a temporary restraining order on behalf of a nation-wide health care provider, and representing an investor in a real estate dispute.