Nicholas C.H. Roper
Nicholas C.H. Roper joined Ropes & Gray in 2018 and is an associate in the firm’s securities and public companies group. Nick has experience representing public companies, investment banks and private equity firms and their portfolio companies in connection with capital markets transactions and compliance with securities laws and stock exchange rules and regulations, as well as mergers & acquisitions, other strategic transactions and general corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Nick practiced law at a leading law firm in New York.
Prior to law school, Nick worked for the Boston Red Sox Baseball Club.
- Represented Ambac Assurance Corporation, a Wisconsin domiciled insurance company, in a holistic restructuring transaction that involved three exchange offers of existing debt securities and other payment obligations for approximately $2.2 billion of newly-issued debt securities, as well as a new-money financing collateralized by the future proceeds of certain litigation claims against RMBS originators.*
- Represented International Paper on the $1.8 billion combination of its North America Consumer Packaging Business with Graphic Packaging.*
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $300 million offering of 3.700% senior notes due 2025 by RenaissanceRe Finance and guaranteed by RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd.*
- Represented Twitch Interactive in its acquisition of Curse, a leading global multimedia and technology company focused on creating content and products specifically for gamers.*
- Represented the lead underwriters in the $169 million initial public offering of GMS.*
- Represented Univar in its $855 million initial public offering and concurrent private placement of $350 million of shares to Temasek and the additional purchase of 5 million shares of Univar common stock from selling stockholders by Temasek.*
- Represented HD Supply in its $1.25 billion offering of 5.25% senior secured first priority notes due 2021.*
- JD, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Dean’s Distinguished Scholar, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law of Yeshiva University, 2014; Articles Editor, Cardozo Law Review
- BA (Political Science), with honors, Gettysburg College, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2018
- New York, 2015