Peter N. Rosenberg
Peter has over thirty years of experience working with plan sponsors, managers and investors on the full range of ERISA issues, including fiduciary activity, prohibited transactions and exemptions, plan asset regulations, and plan governance; to structure successful transactions that are subject to ERISA, or that successfully avoid ERISA.
Having practiced during the development and evolution of ERISA, Peter knows that the current regulatory climate can pose challenges for fiduciaries, and he works with clients to help ensure that their transactions are ERISA-compliant without undue burden on their business objectives. With a depth of expertise in ERISA’s Title I and its impact on his clients’ business interests and goals, Peter provides straightforward, user-friendly advice that highlights his understanding of his clients’ priorities. Clients describe him as an “excellent technical lawyer” who provides advice that is “geared toward [his client’s] business” with “thoughtfulness and wisdom.”
Peter has formerly served as the partner in charge of the firm's ERISA and employee benefits practice group.
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 1984; Editor, Boston University Law Review
- BA, Dartmouth College, 1980
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 1985
- Boston Magazine “Top Lawyers” (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America (2006-2021)
- Legal 500 (2013-2014, 2016)
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2016-2017)
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business (2008-2022)