Sama S. Rahman
Sama Rahman joined Ropes & Gray’s finance department in 2020. Before joining Ropes & Gray, Sama was a solicitor in Australia at an international law firm where he represented banks (both international and the Australian “big 4”), private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers.
Outside of law and finance, Sama has a keen interest in public policy and international relations that was developed through working as a political staffer to members of the Australian Parliament before and during law school.
- Represented ASX-listed EML Payments Limited in connection with the debt financing of its acquisition of an Irish fintech business.*
- Represented a multinational construction company on retrofitting its European Medium Term Note Programme with a new Australian Medium Term Note component.*
- Represented Westpac Banking Corporation in connection with the financing of an acquisition of a transport and logistics business.*
- Represented an Australian infrastructure fund on the refinancing of its existing syndicated debt facilities.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, University of Melbourne, 2017
- BCom (Accounting), University of Sydney, 2014
Admissions / Qualifications
- Victoria, Australia, 2018
- High Court of Australia, 2019
- Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia, 2018