Samiksha Ramesh joined Ropes & Gray as a technical advisor in 2021.
Prior to joining the firm, Samiksha spent three years working in new technology development at Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures, where she was involved in formulating commercialization and intellectual property strategies for over 75 different inventions. She concurrently earned her M.S.E. and B.S. in biomedical engineering from Johns Hopkins University, where she founded a startup which designs tools to make remote physical therapy accessible for pediatric patients. She also completed internships at UBS Asset Management, where she leveraged machine learning methods to predict investment portfolio performance, and Medtronic, where she built surgical devices used to treat lung cancer.
- Co-author, “A Machine Learning Model to Predict Brain Trauma Outcome in the Intensive Care Unit,” Society of Critical Care Medicine, 50th Critical Care Congress (January 2021)
- Co-author, “Engineering a partially degradable glaucoma shunt for controlled intraocular pressure reduction,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science (July 2019)
- Ramesh et al. “Delivering and evaluating remote physical therapy to children with cerebral palsy,” Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Annual Meeting (October 2020)
- Ramesh et al. “Providing a low-cost virtual reality physiotherapy alternative for children with cerebral palsy,” Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Annual Meeting (October 2019)
- BS (Biomedical Engineering), Johns Hopkins University, 2020; Concentration in Imaging and Instrumentation; Tau Beta Pi
- MSE (Biomedical Engineering), Johns Hopkins University, 2020; Concentration in Biomedical Data Science
Admissions / Qualifications
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Agent, 2021