Sarah Reilly joined the tax & benefits department as an associate in 2015. Sarah advises public and private companies on all aspects of the design, compliance and administration of their executive compensation and employee benefit arrangements. She also advises on benefits and compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions. Sarah also focuses her practice on various tax matters, including those related to partnerships and tax-exempt organizations.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah worked as an operations and project coordinator for government contractors that provide services to a variety of government agencies and branches of the military. During law school, Sarah served as an articles editor for the Virginia Tax Review and as a site coordinator for the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program at the University of Virginia.
- Represented a private equity fund portfolio company regarding executive compensation matters in its initial public offering
- Represented a private equity fund regarding benefits executive compensation matters in its acquisition of an automotive parts manufacturing company
- Advised various investment managers regarding issues relating to exemption from and compliance with ERISA
- Advised various tax-exempt organizations with regard to tax-exempt bond financings
- Regularly advises investors on investments in private equity and hedge funds