Sarah Schaffer Raux
Sarah Schaffer Raux is a partner in the firm’s special situations practice group. She advises a range of hedge fund, private equity fund, venture capital, endowment and other clients on both traditional and unconventional transactions. She routinely assists clients with domestic and international mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, co-investments, equity and debt financings, and privatizations.
- Represents one of the nation’s oldest and largest hedge funds in its public and private investments, including domestic and international equity, debt, and real estate joint ventures, equity co-investments, equity and debt financings of both public and private companies, fund investments, and privatization transactions.
- Represents one of the world’s largest asset managers in domestic and international equity co-investments.
- Represents a private equity firm in domestic and international acquisitions, joint ventures, and minority equity investments.
- Represents Abrams Capital Partners, an investment firm, in domestic and foreign equity investments and joint ventures.
- Represents General Catalyst Partners, a venture capital firm, in acquisitions and equity investments.
- Represented Bain Capital, a large-cap private equity sponsor, in its acquisition of TI Automotive.
- Sarah E. Schaffer, “Reading Our Lips: The History of Lipstick Regulation in Western Seats of Power,” Food and Drug Law Journal (January 2007)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2006
- BA, summa cum laude, Middlebury College, 2003; Phi Beta Kappa