Sarah Schaffer Raux
Sarah Schaffer Raux is a partner in the firm's private capital transactions practice group. She advises a broad range of institutional investors (including hedge funds, growth equity funds, private equity funds, and venture capital funds) on both control and minority investments. She routinely assists clients with domestic and international mergers, equity and asset purchases and sales, joint ventures, co-investments, other equity and debt financings, and privatizations.
- Represents one of the nation’s oldest and largest hedge funds in domestic and international joint ventures, co-investments, equity and debt financings, fund investments, and privatization transactions.
- Represents one of the world’s largest asset managers in domestic and international co-investments.
- Represents a multi-strategy private equity firm in domestic and international joint ventures, co-investments, legal claims portfolios and other equity and debt investments.
- Represents a Boston-based investment firm in domestic and foreign control investments, joint ventures, fund investments, and other equity and debt minority investments.
- Represents a venture capital firm in early-stage and growth equity investments.
- Quoted, “Ropes & Gray Boosts Latin America Business,” Latinvex (January 27, 2021)
- Sarah E. Schaffer, “Reading Our Lips: The History of Lipstick Regulation in Western Seats of Power,” Food and Drug Law Journal (January 2007)
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2006
- BA, Middlebury College, 2003
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2006