Scott is a seasoned finance lawyer who advises global private equity firms, their portfolio companies and public companies on bank, bond, preferred equity and other capital markets transactions, as well as complex liability management transactions. In addition, Scott counsels leading global real estate investment firms on leveraged finance-style transactions in the capital markets space.
Clients regularly rely on Scott to provide highly tailored, market-leading terms for their most complex financing transactions.
- Represented Bain Capital in connection with its financing for its acquisitions of:
- Extrahop Networks
- Dessert Holdings
- Enterprise DB
- U.S. Renal Care, a leading provider of dialysis services
- World Wide Packaging
- TI Automotive Systems
- Advised Surgery Partners, a Bain Capital portfolio company and a leading publicly-held healthcare services firm, in connection with obtaining financing for its acquisition of National Surgical Healthcare and in multiple other financing transactions.
- Advised Canada Goose, a Bain Capital portfolio company and a publicly-held premium outdoor apparel retailer, in multiple financing transactions.
- Represented TPG and DirecTV in connection with the bank and bond financing for the spinout of DirecTV from AT&T.
- Advised TPG Capital in connection with obtaining financing for its acquisitions of:
- Exactech, a leading developer and producer of orthopedic implant devices
- Entertainment Partners, a leading provider of services to the entertainment industry
- Halo Brands, a leading marketing services platform
- Advised TPG Capital with respect to financing obtained in connection with its investment in Anastasia Beauty, a premium cosmetics company
- Advised Gelsons, a TPG Capital portfolio company and premium grocery retailer, in connection with multiple debt financing transactions
- Represented GI Partners in connection with the financing for its acquisitions of:
- Rectangle Health
- Represented GI Partners in connection with the financing for its take-private acquisition of GTY Technology
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. and Partners Group in connection with the financing for their joint acquisition of BluSky Restoration Contractors
- Advised Kohlberg & Co. in connection with obtaining financing for its acquisitions of EN Engineering, a leading utility services firm
- Represented American Industrial Partners and its portfolio company Vertex Aerospace in connection with the financing for the acquisition of Raytheon Technologies' Defense Training and Mission Critical Solutions business Lines, and in connection with the financing for the merger of Vertex and Vectrus
- Represented American Industrial Partners in connection with the financing for its acquisition of SEACOR
- Advised Thomas H. Lee Partners in connection with obtaining financing for its acquisitions of:
- CSafe, a global provider of cold chain packaging solutions
- Healthcare Staffing Services, a leading healthcare staffing firm
- Advised HIG Capital in connection with obtaining financing for its acquisition of Digital Room, and a subsequent dividend recapitalization
- Advised Genstar Capital in connection with obtaining financing for its acquisitions of Ministry Brands and PDI Software, and in related add-on acquisitions
- Advised Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in obtaining financing for its acquisitions of U.S. Acute Care Solutions and MMIT
- Advised Paulson & Co. and TriArtisan Capital Advisors in connection with obtaining financing for its of P.F. Chang's China Bistro
- Advised Blackstone in connection with obtaining term loan and bond financings by Blackstone Mortgage Trust
- JD, cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2013; associate managing editor, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate Financial and Commercial Law; Philip K. Yonge Memorial Commencement Prize; Academic Achievement Award; Abraham & Ruth Markhoff Memorial Scholar; Carswell Merit Scholar
- MS, Yeshiva University, 2010
- BBA (Finance), cum laude, The George Washington University, 2009
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2014