W. Jane Rogers
Jane Rogers is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s finance group in London, a member of the firm’s policy committee and a former co-head of the firm’s global finance practice. She focuses on private equity and debt financing transactions and was previously based in the Boston office before relocating to London in 2010.
Jane regularly represents corporations and private equity funds in a variety of financing transactions, including high yield debt offerings, syndicated credit facilities and subordinated debt and mezzanine financings. She also has represented companies in merger and acquisition transactions, public and private securities offerings and general corporate advisory matters. In addition, Jane has advised private investment funds in connection with fund formation, investment activities and other matters.
- Advised Liberty Latin America on the financing aspects, which included both bank and bond financing, of its $1.95 billion acquisition of AT&T’s operations in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
- Advised VodafoneZiggo on the offering and issuance of additional 4.625% senior notes due 2026
- Advised Virgin Media in connection with a US$1.2bn senior secured notes issuance
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the bank and bond financing arrangements for its acquisition of Cable & Wireless Communications plc, with a deal value of approximately £3.5 billion
- Advised Liberty Global on their disposal to Vodafone of Unitymedia and its German business and certain eastern European businesses
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A., with a deal value of approximately €1.8 billion. The financing included the offering of €575 million senior secured PIK notes due 2024, the first ever high yield bond issuance by a standalone fund distribution platform business
- Acting for Virgin Media Inc. in connection with a series of bank and bond financings, including the issuance of receivables financing notes
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the bank and bond financing for its takeover offer to acquire Dutch listed cable company Ziggo N.V., with a deal value of approximately €10 billion
- Acting for VTR Finance B.V. and its Chilean operating subsidiaries in connection with a US$1.4 billion high yield financing
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the bank and bond financing for its US$23.3 billion acquisition of Virgin Media Inc.
- Acting for Unitymedia KabelBW GmbH and its subsidiaries in connection with multiple high yield bond issuances and various tender and exchange offers
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with a non-recourse margin loan to finance its acquisition of a minority stake in Ziggo NV
- Acting for UPC Holding B.V. and its subsidiaries in connection with multiple high yield bond issuances
- Acting for Telenet NV and its subsidiaries in connection with a series of high yield bond issuances by special purpose vehicles, with the offering proceeds applied to fund term loans under Telenet’s senior secured credit facilities
- Acting for Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico in connection with the financing arrangements for its acquisition, together with Searchlight Capital Partners, L.P., of OneLink Communications, creating the largest cable company in Puerto Rico
- Acting for Thomas H. Lee Partners in connection with a US$970 million term loan for its portfolio company, West Corporation, and the payment of a cash dividend of approximately US$500 million to West shareholders
- Acting for a private equity consortium consisting of Berkshire Partners, Bain Capital and Advent International in the US$1.1 billion leveraged buyout of SkillSoft, an Irish-based public company
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the financing for its approximate €3.16 billion acquisition of Germany cable operator, Kabel BW Erste Beteiligungs GmbH, and in connection with its €2.6 billion high yield offering to finance the acquisition of Unitymedia GmbH
- Featured, “The Lawyer Hot 100: Rogers, Jane – Ropes & Gray,” The Lawyer (January 29, 2018)
- Featured, “7 Questions For Ropes & Gray’s Jane Rogers,” Law360 (December 7, 2017)
- Author, “Ropes & Gray Explains Why It’s Lights Out for LIBOR by 2021,” The Columbia University Law School “Blue Sky Blog” (September 20, 2017)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- JD, Duke University School of Law, 1996; Duke Law Journal
- BA (Philosophy), Emory University, 1993; Phi Beta Kappa