Will Rosen is the managing partner of the firm's London office and a partner in the private equity transactions group in London. His practice focuses on private equity and mergers & acquisitions.
Will has a broad range of experience in the corporate and corporate finance fields. His experience covers a wide range of corporate transactions, and he is recognised in particular for his work in advising private equity funds and corporate clients on mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Will is recognised in The Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and The Guide to the World's Leading Private Equity Lawyers directories as a recommended practitioner in private equity. He is known for his “very collegial style” and for his ability to “read commercial situations and relay them to the client.” He has a high level of experience in private equity work and is known for handling a series of big-ticket deals.
- Advised ERM, the world’s largest pure-play sustainability consultancy, and the ERM Partner shareholders, on the sale of ERM to KKR, a leading global investment firm
- Advised Baring Private Equity Asia on the sale of Lumenis LTD. Surgical Business, a company that develops and commercializes energy-based medical solutions, to Boston Scientific
- Advised Novavax, Inc., a late-stage biotechnology company developing next-generation vaccines for serious infectious diseases, on the £167 million acquisition of Praha Vaccines a.s., part of the Cyrus Poonawalla Group
- Advised Envision Pharma Group, a portfolio company of GHO Capital Partners, on its acquisition of Two Labs, an industry-leading provider of integrated and customized commercial solutions to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector
- Advised Advent International on its agreement to acquire Nielsen Global Connect, a unit of Nielsen Holdings plc, for $2.7 billion
- Advised GHO Capital Partners on its acquisition (alongside the existing Envision management team and employees) of a majority stake in Envision Pharma Group, a leading technology-enabled scientific communications company
- Advised Averna Capital on its investment in ClimateCare, a leading profit with purpose environmental and social impact company headquartered in Oxford, UK
- Advised the Asset Management & Investor Services Divisions of Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation on its acquisition of Point Nine Limited
- Acting for Bain Capital in connection with its:
- purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK's largest independent builders' merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital.
- acquisition of NGA UK, a UK payroll and HR Business from NGA Human Resources.
- acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc.
- acquisition of TI Automotive.
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia in connection with its:
- US$1 billion+ acquisition of Lumenis, the Israeli-headquartered global leader in the field of minimally-invasive clinical solutions for the aesthetic, surgical and ophthalmology specialties
- joint acquisition with PAI Partners of World Freight Company International, the global leader in the General Sales and Service Agent market.
- US$1.8 billion sale, alongside the Shanghai-based Bright Food Group, of British breakfast cereal brand Weetabix to U.S.-based cereal company, Post Holdings.
- Represented Marquee Brands LLC in its acquisition of British men's clothing brand Ben Sherman and its related intellectual property assets from Oxford Industries, Inc.
- Acting for Kanders & Company and its portfolio company The Safariland Group, on the acquisition of the Med-Eng explosive ordinance disposal and crew survivability businesses from the Allen-Vanguard Corporation.
- Acting for Summit Partners in connection with its:
- disposal of the entire issued share capital of Actix International Limited to Amdocs Limited.
- joint venture with FleetCor to acquire UK-based Masternaut from Francisco Partners.
- Acting for Wright Medical Technology, Inc. on its US$3.3 billion merger with Tornier N.V.
- Acting for Smedvig Capital in connection with its
- sale of Ocean Outdoor to Lloyds Development Capital and acting for management in the subsequent sales to Searchlight Capital.
- sale of Tuskerdirect Limited to ECI Partners LLP.
- Acting for Oxford Immunotec Global plc on its listing on the NASDAQ Global Market.
- Acting for PERE Fund on the sale of Executive Offices Group for £260 million to Queensgate Investments.
- Quoted, “Global London: Flying hiatus,” Legal Business (April 28, 2021)
- Quoted, “EU lawyers lose right to exemption under no-deal Brexit,” The Times (March 21, 2019)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LSF, Honors, Manchester Metropolitan University, 1992
- CPE, Manchester Metropolitan University, 1991
- BA (Hons), University of London, 1988
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 1994
- Legal 500 UK ‘Hall of Fame’ (2020, 2022)
- IFLR1000 (2019-2022)
- Super Lawyers: Mergers & Acquisitions (2013-2015)
- Legal 500 UK: Private Equity (2013-2020, 2022)
- Chambers UK: Private Equity: Buyouts (2012-2022)
- The Guide to the World’s Leading Private Equity Lawyers