Rob Roberts is an associate in the firm’s Business and Securities Litigation group. Rob joined the firm in 2011 after clerking for Judge Susan G. Braden at the United States Court of Federal Claims. His practice focuses on complex commercial disputes, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act compliance, and bankruptcy litigation. Rob’s clients have included venture capital firms, biotechnology companies, private equity firms, and hedge funds.
In addition, Rob maintains an active pro bono practice. Rob serves as the family law team leader for the firm’s partnership with Dorchester House and has successfully represented Dorchester House patients in contested divorce, child custody, and child support matters.
- Lead associate for Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and anti-corruption compliance for a leading venture capital firm.
- Representing hedge fund and private equity clients in SEC investigations.
- Representing a biotechnology company in antitrust litigation.
- Defended a biopharmaceutical company in a breach of contract dispute concerning a patent license.
- Defending the directors of insolvent companies in bankruptcy-related breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
- Represented a hedge fund creditor in derivatives claims litigation in Lehman bankruptcy.
- Representing the Indenture Trustee for the First Lien Noteholders in the Chapter 11 restructuring of Energy Future Intermediate Holdings LLC.
- Part of litigation team that obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national law firm in an employment discrimination action.
- Pro bono representation of a historic African Methodist Episcopal Church in a contested Chapter 11 case.