Zain U. Rehman
Zain is an associate in Ropes and Gray’s mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions groups. Zain represents both private equity and strategic clients in a range of transactions, including U.S. and international public and private mergers and acquisitions, public company divestitures, leveraged buyouts, joint ventures, minority investments and cross-border transactions. Zain’s practice also includes advising clients on corporate governance, shareholder activism and defensive matters.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Zain was a mergers & acquisitions associate in the New York office of an international law firm.
- Advised Verisk Analytics, Inc. on the sale of $820 million sale of its health care services business, Verisk Health, to Veritas Capital.*
- Advised PartnerRe Ltd. in connection with its approximately $6.9 billion acquisition by EXOR S.p.A.*
- Advised Shanda group in connection with its equity investment in Legg Mason, through which Shanda purchased substantially all of the shares of Legg Mason’s common stock owned by Trian Fund Management, L.O. and its affiliates, representing a 9.9% interest in Legg Mason’s outstanding shares of common stock.*
- Advised private equity affiliates of Goldman Sachs and Rhone Capital L.L.C. in connection with their $1.25 billion acquisition of Neovia Logistics from Platinum Equity, LLC and Caterpillar, Inc.*
- Advised MSCI, Inc. in connection with its sale of Institutional Shareholder Services to Vestar Capital Partners for approximately $367 million.*
- Advised Crestview Partners in its acquisition of NYDJ Apparel, LLC.*
* Prior to joining Ropes & Gray.