Andrew Steele joined Ropes & Gray’s litigation department in 2021. Andrew’s practice focuses on internal investigations, white-collar criminal defense, shareholder litigation, and complex commercial disputes. Andrew works with a diverse group of clients, including private equity funds, investment banks, and public companies.
Andrew maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing transgender clients to help them navigate the legal name change and gender marker update process.
During law school, Andrew served as an executive editor for the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy and as a bench editor on the Cornell Moot Court Board.
- Representing public company in commercial arbitration related to acquisition of high technology manufacturer.
- Representing private equity fund in SEC investigation related to fund valuation.
- Advising private organization on investment management practices.
- Secured dismissal of all claims in securities class action related to statements made by company executives.
- JD, Cornell Law School, 2020; Executive Editor, Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy
- AB (Classics), magna cum laude, Princeton University, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2021