Chiara Summers joined Ropes & Gray in the corporate department. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Chiara trained with a Magic Circle law firm in their London and Tokyo offices.
Chiara has a range of experience acting for private equity and corporate clients on domestic and cross border mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and commercial law.
- Advising Bain Capital on the sale of its majority interest in Carver Korea, the fastest growing skincare business in South Korea, to Unilever for $2.71 billion.
- Advising Bain Capital on its $816 million acquisition of a controlling stake of Hugel Inc., a beauty products maker in South Korea.
- Advising TPG Capital in a TPG led consortium’s $437 million investment in South Korean Kakao's taxi-hailing unit.
- Advised Bain Capital in its acquisition of Camp Australia, a leading provider of before and after-school care programs in Australia.
- Advising Long Point Capital on the acquisition of the assets of GB Fitzsimon, LLP by Long Point’s portfolio company, Cumming Construction Management.
- Acting for Bain Capital on its acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc.
- Acting for Smedvig Capital Limited in the sale of Tuskerdirect Limited to ECI Partners LLP.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of TI Automotive for $2.4 billion.
- Represented Charlesbank Capital Partners in its acquisition of Six Degrees Group, a managed data services specialist.
- Acting for TPG Capital in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Poundworld.
- Advising Platinum Equity on the acquisition of the assets of out-of-home advertising company CBS Outdoor Limited for c. $225 million.
- Acting for Cinven on the auction sale of energy outsourcing business Inenco Group to funds managed by Vitruvian Limited
- Advising Actis on the sale of its majority stake in lender DFCU Bank Limited to Norfund and Rabobank through an initial public offering on the Ugandan Securities Exchange.
- Acting for Actis on their minority investment in Egyptian snack food company Edita.
- Acting for Barclays Bank plc on the disposal of Barclays Infrastructure Funds Management Limited to 3i Group plc.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2011
- LLB (Law), First Class Honours, Durham University, 2010