Emma Serginson joined the finance group of Ropes & Gray's London office in 2017. She was previously an associate in the London office of an international law firm.
Emma has developed broad experience in domestic and cross-border finance transactions, including acquisition financing, infrastructure financing and syndicated lending. She has acted for a number of investment banks, commercial banks, private equity sponsors and funds operating in a wide range of different sectors. In 2016, Emma spent 6 months in the internal legal division of a leading global investment bank.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with numerous term loan refinancings in aggregate to an equivalent amount in excess of £3,500,000,000 for Telenet, UPC and Unitymedia.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the issuance of $700,000,000 6.875% senior notes for the purpose of refinancing existing debt of the Cable & Wireless group.
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on its investment in Blackrock Programme Management (Blackrock PM), a UK-headquartered professional services firm that provides construction consulting and expert witness services for large, international construction and engineering projects.
Notable transactions in which Emma has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for an infrastructure fund in connection with the EUR 1,475,000,000 financing of its bid for the acquisition of a Dutch owner and operator of car parks in Europe.
- Acting for a syndicate of lenders in connection with the £792,634,000 refinancing of the owner and operator of Aberdeen International, Glasgow and Southampton International airports.
- Acting for a syndicate of lenders in connection with the SEK 2,250,000,000 financing (and the subsequent SEK 2,450,000 refinancing) of the HH Ferries group.
- Acting for the junior lenders in connection with the £340,000,000 refinancing of the Welcome Break group.
- Acting for an infrastructure fund in connection with the EUR 355,000,000 financing of its bid for the acquisition of a Finnish energy infrastructure business.
- Acting for EQT in connection with the repricing of the senior and mezzanine facilities made available to a global medical device company.
- Acting for a syndicate of lenders in connection with the £162,000,000 financing for the acquisition of Wightlink limited.