James P. Stevens
James P. Stevens is an associate in the intellectual property litigation group, specializing primarily in patent litigation across a variety of technical fields, including wireless technologies and telecommunications. James has also worked with clients in the medical devices and electric vehicle industries.
James has experience performing pre-suit analyses and engaging in fact and expert discovery in district courts, including drafting motions and responding to discovery requests. His experience also includes conducting IP due diligence and patent landscape analyses, and advising clients on copyright and trademark infringement, and trade secret misappropriation.
During law school, James interned for the Honorable Robert M. Levy, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York. He earned a degree in Chemistry and worked as an administrator, chemistry teacher, and football and baseball coach at two independent schools prior to law school. James serves as a member of the Education Working Group of the Law Firm Antiracism Alliance.
- Godo Kaisha IP Bridge 1 v. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson et al. (E.D. Tex.): Representing IP Bridge in patent litigation concerning seven standard-essential patents related to the 4G/LTE and 5G telecommunications standards.
- Godo Kaisha IP Bridge 1 v. Nokia Corporation et al. (E.D. Tex.): Representing IP Bridge in an eight-patent litigation concerning 4G/LTE and 5G standard-essential patents.
- Co-author, “Carve outs and Causation: Moving Away From Hypothetical Hatch-Waxman Infringement,” Kluwer Patent Blog (August 24, 2021)
- Co-author, “Electric Vehicles, 5G, & IP Disputes,” Bloomberg Law (July 9, 2021)
- Co-author, “A New Method for Quantifiable and Controlled Doses of Particulate Matter for in Vitro Studies,” 22 Toxicology in Vitro 1768 (2008)
- JD, cum laude, Hofstra University School of Law, 2020; Intellectual Property Courses Award; Business Editor, Hofstra Law Review
- MEd (Private School Leadership), Teachers College, Columbia University, 2016
- MA (Education), University of Rhode Island, 2012
- BA (Chemistry), University of Vermont, 2007; Phi Beta Kappa; College Honors; Chemistry Department Award
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 2021
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas, 2021