Jessica F. Soricelli
Jessica Soricelli is temporarily on a DA Rotation.
Jessica F. Soricelli is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s Litigation and Enforcement practice. Jessica’s practice focuses on complex commercial civil litigation and civil and criminal investigations, including securities enforcement and related matters. Representative clients include global financial institutions, public companies, private equity firms, and individuals.
Jessica maintains an active pro bono practice, representing numerous clients in various civil and criminal matters. She also participated in the New York State Pro Bono Scholars Program as a member of the New York Legal Assistance Group's LGBTQ Law Project. Prior to joining the firm, Jessica worked for a security consulting and investigations company, where she provided business intelligence and analysis services to a range of private sector clients.
- Civil & Criminal Investigations. Represent public company in connection with state and federal investigations.
- Commercial Litigation. Represent trustees of residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) in multiple repurchase actions in New York state court; Represent individuals and companies in matters pertaining to contract interpretation and other disputes.
- Securities Litigation and Enforcement. Represent multiple clients in connection with SEC examinations and enforcement matters.
- Pro Bono. Assist Criminal Justice Act appointed counsel in representation of criminal defendant in federal court; Work with The Innocence Network and provide assistance to incarcerated individual seeking relief from criminal conviction.
- Contributor, Insight: In the Wake of the DAO Report: A Year in Review, BNA Securities Law Daily, July 30, 2018
- Co-author, Mass. Crackdown Reflects Increased State Regulation of ICOs, Law360, Apr. 11, 2018
- Co-author, Regulating the Future: The Enforcement Landscape for Virtual Currency, BNA Big Law Business, Mar. 14, 2018
- Co-author, A Broad Regulatory Push To Rein in Burgeoning ICO Market, Law360, Mar. 6, 2018
- Co-author, Supreme Court Applies Five Year Statute of Limitations To SEC Disgorgement Claims in Kokesh v. SEC, BNA The United States Law Week, June 22, 2017
- Co-author, SEC Enforcement Landscape Post-Gabelli, BNA Securities Regulation & Law Report, Mar. 13, 2017
- JD, cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2016; William B. Carswell Scholar; New York State Pro Bono Scholar; articles editor, Brooklyn Law Review ; Moot Court Honor Society, Trial Advocacy Division
- MA (International Relations), Salve Regina University, 2009
- BA (Administration of Justice), summa cum laude, Salve Regina University, 2008; Dr. James Farrington Award; Campus Service and Leadership Award
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2016
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2019