Matea Scepanovic joined the finance group as an associate in 2021. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Matea practiced in New York as a corporate and capital markets associate at a leading Canadian law firm. She obtained an LL.M. degree in Corporation Law at the New York University School of Law in 2019.
After completing her law studies at the University of Split, Matea practiced for six years in the corporate and insolvency departments of a top Croatian law firm.
- Advised VodafoneZiggo on its debut “sustainability-linked bonds”, €2.1 billion (equivalent) sustainability-linked senior secured notes issued by an SPV in accordance with VodafoneZiggo’s newly established Sustainable Finance Framework
- Advised Sotheby’s on the refinancing consisting of the US$470 million term loan B and US$400 million revolving credit facility
- Assisted team acting for a placement agent in an at-the-market equity offering in Canada and the United States under the multijurisdictional disclosure system*
- Assisted team acting for an issuer with concurrent offerings (registered direct offering to an institutional investor and bought deal in Canada and the United States under the multijurisdictional disclosure system) for aggregate proceeds of approximately $1.2 billion*
- Assisted team acting for a Canada’s pension investment fund in its strategic investment in the leading provider of services and technology supporting the real estate finance industry*
- Acted for one of the largest Southeast Europe’s companies in connection with its strategic investment in a leading hotel management and tourism company, and its acquisition of one of the largest insurance companies in the region*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLM, New York University School of Law, 2019; Dean’s Graduate Award
- M. Jur., cum laude, University of Split Faculty of Law, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2020