Matthew Sadofsky joined the capital markets group of Ropes & Gray in 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Matthew practiced law in the capital markets group of another prominent New York law firm. Matthew concentrates his practice on corporate finance and capital markets transactions, including the representation of issuers and underwriters in domestic and international public offerings and private placements such as initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary equity offerings, high-yield, investment grade and convertible debt offerings, acquisition financings, debt tender offers and consent solicitations, and related private equity transactions. Additionally, Matthew advises public company issuers on corporate governance matters, compliance with securities laws, stock exchange rules and general corporate matters.
- Represented the sales agents in connection with $150 million at the market (ATM) offering for Seres Therapeutics.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with $1.3 billion senior notes offering by Blackstone BDC.
- Represented Waters Corporation on securities law, governance and other corporate matters.
- Represented Spanish Broadcast System in connection with its $300 million senior secured notes offering and related capital restructuring.*
- Advised a syndicate of lenders on $600 million acquisition financing of Alliance Holdings.*
- Represented the lead underwriters in numerous primary and secondary stock offerings aggregating to over $2.0 billion by Clarivate Plc.*
- Represented the lead underwriters in connection with Main Street Capital’s (BDC) $500 million senior notes offering.*
- Represented major health care public company in $2.0 billion of senior notes.*
- Represented Moelis & Company as dealer manager for Sinclair Broadcasting Group restructuring and exchange offer of senior secured notes.*
- Advised a syndicate of lenders on $700 million acquisition financing of People Corporation, a Canadian public company.*
- Represented Forbes Energy Services Ltd. in connection with its rights offering of $55.0 million Subordinated Convertible PIK Notes.*
- Represented Braemar Hotels & Resorts Inc. (REIT) in connection with its Series D Cumulative Preferred Stock.*
- Represented Howard Hughes Corporation in its secondary offering of $330 million by Pershing Square.*
- Represented Hydro One Inc. in its $1.8 billion initial public offering.*
- JD, summa cum laude, New York Law School, 2006; Note Editor, New York Law School Law Review
- BS (Communications), Boston University, 1998; Dean’s List
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2007