Ned Schultheis is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department. Ned practices primarily in the firm’s private equity group and represents private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in connection with a broad range of transactions, including U.S. and international mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, co-investments and other equity investments, as well as general corporate matters.
During law school, Ned served as the editor-in-chief of the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate Financial & Commercial Law and worked as a legal intern at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the Federal Trade Commission. Additionally, Ned was a recipient of the Charles L. Brieant Fellowship and worked in chambers as a judicial intern and fellow with the Hon. Loretta A. Preska in the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York.
- Represented Harvest Partners in its strategic growth investment into Integrity Marketing Group, the nation’s largest independent distributor of life and health insurance products to the senior market.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its equity investment in W20 Group, a leading independent provider of analytics-driven, digital-first marketing communications to the health care sector.
- Represented Genstar Capital and its portfolio company Bracket in its acquisition of CRF Health, a leading provider of eCOA solutions for the life sciences industry.
- Represented Epiris in its acquisition of Diamorph AB (publ), a supplier of advanced material solutions, from shareholders including Serendipity Group and Investment AB Latour (publ) as majority shareholders.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its acquisition of MAG Aerospace, a leading turnkey provider of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance solutions to the US government, intergovernmental organizations and allied governments.
- Represented HIG Capital in its acquisition of Vantage Specialty Chemicals Holdings, Inc., a leading provider of sustainable, naturally derived ingredients focused on personal care.
- Represented the lead underwriters in connection with the $1.9 billion IPO of Altice USA, Inc., a leading cable operator that provides telecommunications, media, and entertainment services in the United States.
- Represented Pacific Management Investment Co. in a multi-million dollar minority investment in GreenSky LLC, a financial technology company that provides technology to banks and merchants to make consumer loans for home improvement, solar, health care and other purposes.
- Represented an asset manager in a joint venture with Sightway Capital, a Two Sigma company to invest in Great Rock Capital, a commercial finance company that provides lending solutions to middle market companies.
- Represented a large agricultural cooperative in the sale of its animal feed division.
- Represented a PE-based real estate investment fund in connection with the closing of a €400 million master repurchase facility.
- Ned Schultheis, Warrants in the Clouds: How Extraterritorial Application of the Stored Communications Act Threatens the United States Cloud Storage Industry, 9 Brook. J. Corp. Fin. & Com. L. 661 (2015)
- JD, magna cum laude, Brooklyn Law School, 2016; editor-in-chief, Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law
- BA (Sociology), cum laude, Tulane University, 2011
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2017