Nick Spar is an associate in the litigation department at Ropes & Gray. Nick graduated from Columbia Law School as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar.
During law school, Nick worked at the New York State Office of the Inspector General, and served as a staff writer on the Columbia Human Rights Law Review. Prior to joining the firm, Nick was a paralegal at a real estate tax law firm.
- Representing investors in residential mortgage-backed securities trusts in breach of contract actions pending in New York State
- Defending large chain in response to class-action litigations stemming from data security breaches
- Representing multinational financial services firm in regulatory inquiries, audits, and exams in connection with futures and swaps products
- Drafted memorandum advising an immigration working group consisting of various advocacy organizations and a state attorney general on the legality of the federal government’s recent immigration enforcement actions
- Obtained a favorable settlement in Kings County Family Court for pro bono client facing adverse determination in neglect proceedings.