Peter E. Scherer
Peter (Pete) Scherer is an associate practicing in the real estate investments & transactions group. Pete has represented private equity clients, investors, hedge funds and other financial institutions in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters including acquisitions and dispositions, financings and the formation of joint ventures for real estate investments. In addition to his real estate practice, Pete regularly advises private equity, hedge fund, and strategic clients on the environmental issues that arise in the context of merger and acquisition transactions.
- Harvard Management Company, the investment adviser for the Harvard University endowment, in evaluating, negotiating and structuring real estate, timber and natural resource investments through joint ventures, funds, co-investment and management arrangements with international, national, regional and local sponsors, operators and managers.
- One of the nation’s oldest and largest investment funds, with over $27 billion of assets under management, in the disposition of a $270 million portfolio of mixed-use multifamily housing throughout the Midwest
- Abrams Capital Management in a $61 million financing of the acquisition of two data centers in St. Louis, Missouri
- One of the nation’s oldest and largest investment funds, with over $27 billion of assets under management, in the negotiation of a joint venture to recapitalize and develop an approximately $220 million mixed-use life style center in the Cleveland, Ohio metropolitan area
- The Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan in the negotiation of a $55 million cross border joint venture to acquire multi-tenant properties in Florida
- TPG Special Situations Partners in the negotiation of a joint venture to acquire a $235 million portfolio of distressed commercial real estate loans
- TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a $104 million portfolio of distressed commercial real estate loans
- MetLife in a $310 million commercial real estate loan origination
- JD, magna cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2013; Order of the Coif
- BA (Sociology), cum laude, Kenyon College, 2008