Shreya joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 in the Silicon Valley office as a member of the corporate department. Shreya represents clients in a variety of intellectual property, commercial, and corporate transactions, including intellectual property licensing, collaboration transactions, and whole-business securitizations. Shreya maintains an active pro bono practice and represents asylees in asylum law cases and local artists with various licensing needs.
During law school, Shreya served as an editor-in-chief for the Asian American Law Journal, co-president of the South Asian Law Students Association and co-president of her school's Space Law Society. Additionally, she externed in the CDC's public health law program and with the Honorable William H. Orrick in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Represented The European Wax Company in its $440 million offering under its whole-business securitization.
- Represented GI Partners in its acquisition of GTY Technology Holdings which offered an intuitive cloud-based suite of solutions for state and local governments, education institutions, and healthcare organizations.
- Represented Eversource Energy and its subsidiary Aquarion Company in acquisition of the Torrington Water Company.
- Shreya Santhanam, “Going Beyond the Music Modernization Act: Creation in the Digital Era,” Berkeley Technology Law Journal (2021)
- JD, University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2021; Editor-in-Chief, Asian American Law Journal; Law & Technology Certificate
- BS (Bioengineering), honors, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2018
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2021