A partner in Ropes & Gray's private equity transactions group, Simon Saitowitz brings more than a decade of experience representing sponsor clients and their portfolio companies on their most important transactions and other key corporate matters.
Simon focuses his practice on both UK and cross-border private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions, co-investments, and joint ventures, as well as corporate advisory work for private equity portfolio companies. He also has extensive experience with private equity secondary transactions, focusing particularly on complex GP-led secondaries and preferred equity investments, and acquisitions and dispositions of stakes in fund managers.
Simon’s track record includes acting for clients such as Advent International, Bridgepoint, General Atlantic, Graphite Capital, HgCapital, Lion Capital, Longview Partners, Onex, and Providence Equity.
Simon has been recognized by The Legal 500 UK for Private Equity Transactions High – Value Deals, where he is described as “particularly strong,” “highly commercial” and “easy to work with.”
- Noted, “Revolving Doors: Four in three out for Squire as Ropes brings in private equity trio,” Legal Business (May 4, 2022)
- Noted, “City Moves – Who’s Switching Jobs,” City A.M. (May 3, 2022)
- Profiled, “Ropes & Gray lands three-strong Fried Frank team,” The Lawyer (April 27, 2022)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2006
- MA, University of Edinburgh, 2004
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2008
- The Legal 500 UK Private Equity Transactions – High-Value Deals