Ying Song is a patent agent in the intellectual property transactions group. Ying’s practice includes helping clients with a wide range of IP issues, including patent portfolio development, patentability assessment, validity and freedom-to-operate analysis. Ying also assists in IP due diligence in the context of a range of transactions and litigation matters, including private financings, public offerings, licensing, and mergers and acquisitions. In addition, Ying has extensive experience with patent prosecution of small molecule pharmaceuticals, diagnostics and formulations.
Ying was originally trained as a synthetic chemist focusing on anticancer agents, diagnostic imaging agents and drug delivery. Prior to joining the firm, Ying conducted her postdoctoral research at MIT, working on developing novel platinum-based anticancer agents and studying their mechanism of action. Ying obtained her Ph.D. from Northwestern University where she developed novel magnetic resonance contrast agents for cell labeling and intracellular calcium signaling.
- First author, “Multimodal Optical/MR Contrast Agents Based on Porphyrazines for Potential Cell Imaging,” Bioconjugate Chem, (2010)
- First author, “Multimodal Gd-enriched DNA Gold Nanoparticle Conjugates for Cellular Imaging,” Angew. Chem. (2009)
- First author, “Synthesis and Characterization of Multimeric Contrast Agents for Cell MR Imaging,” J. Am. Chem. Soc. (2008)
- Co-author, “Synthesis and Characterization of Pt(IV) Fluorescein Conjugates to Investigate Pt(IV) Intracellular Transformation,” ChemComm. (2014)
- Co-author, “Phenanthriplatin, a Monofunctional, DNA-Binding Platinum Anticancer Drug Candidate with Unusual Potency and Cellular Activity Profile.” Proc. Natl. Acad. Soc. (2012)
- Co-author, “Modification of Embolic-PVA Particles with MR Contrast Agents,” Mag. Reson. Med. (2008)
- PhD (Chemistry), Northwestern University
- MS (Polymer Chemistry), University of Connecticut
- BS (Organic Chemistry), Northwest University, PR China
Admissions / Qualifications
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Agent, 2015