Aaron Schleicher joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 as an associate in the firm’s securities and public companies group. His principal areas of practice include capital markets, securities law and general corporate representation. Aaron represents issuers, investment banks and selling stockholders in a wide array of public and private capital-raising transactions, including initial and follow-on public equity offerings, investment grade and high-yield debt offerings, shelf takedowns, exchange offers and at-the-market issuances. Aaron also regularly advises public companies, directors and members of executive management on select business and corporate governance matters, including board and committee compliance issues and financial disclosure and accounting practices under SEC and stock exchange regulations.
Prior to joining the firm, Aaron was an associate in the capital markets practice group at a leading national law firm and also served as in-house counsel and assistant corporate secretary to an S&P 500 technology company.
- Represented a midstream energy company in its $1.2 billion initial public offering of common units representing limited partnership interests.*
- Represented a portfolio company in its $2.5 billion merger with a publicly traded entity to create an offshore-focused exploration and production company.*
- Served as counsel to initial purchasers in a $500 million unregistered offering of investment grade senior notes issued by an energy pipeline company.*
- Served as issuer’s counsel to a midstream energy company in the establishment and maintenance of multiple ‘at-the-market’ equity programs involving an aggregate transaction size of $1.5 billion.*
- Represented selling stockholders of various portfolio companies in secondary offerings of common stock having an aggregate transaction value of approximately $1.0 billion.*
- Served as underwriters’ counsel in a $300 million offering of common units representing limited partnership interests issued by a midstream energy company.*
- Served as in-house counsel to a technology firm in its $800 million registered offering of investment grade senior notes.*
- Represented a chemical company in its $1.5 billion multi-tranche unregistered offering of investment grade senior notes.*
- Represented a financial services company in a multi-year restatement of previously issued financial statements.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, magna cum laude, Tulane University Law School, 2013
- BA (Rhetoric, minor in Economics), Bates College, 2008