Adam Stella helps companies, investors, fund sponsors and executives solve and plan for complicated executive compensation, benefits and ERISA issues. Adam’s practice focuses on benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation matters and Title I of ERISA.
Adam advises buyers and sellers on the benefits and executive compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions and similar transactions. His experience spans a wide range of industries, includes public and private companies, and involves both large and small companies.
Adam also works with public and private companies on executive compensation issues, including, among other things, drafting executive employment agreements, stock option and other equity incentive plans and awards, cash incentive bonus arrangements, retention agreements and separation agreements. Adam also works with reporting companies to meet securities law disclosure requirements related to executive compensation.
Adam also helps with ERISA aspects of private investment fund formation and investment. He has experience advising managers and investors regarding, among other things, the plan asset regulations, the new investment advice fiduciary rules, fiduciary duties, prohibited transactions and exemptions.
- Represents TPG Capital in connection with mergers and acquisitions, including its planned $1.1 billion investment in McAfee.
- Represented Shire plc (NASDAQ:SHPG) in its $32 billion acquisition of Baxalta Inc (NYSE: BXLT).
- Represents Party City Holdco Inc. (NYSE:PRTY) in connection with executive compensation matters.
- Represents Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc. (NASDAQ:DNKN) regarding executive compensation matters.
- Represents Cambrex Corporation (NYSE: CBM) in connection with executive compensation matters.
- Represents a wide variety of investment managers regarding issues relating to exemption from and compliance with ERISA, including the new investment advice fiduciary rules.
- Represents Catalina Marketing Corporation in connection with employee benefits and executive compensation matters.
- Represented Wright Medical Group Inc. (NASDAQ:WMGI) in connection with executive compensation and benefits matters relating to its $3.3 billion stock-for-stock merger with Tornier N.V. (NASDAQ:TRNX).
- Represented Symmetry Medical Inc. in connection with the sale of its OEM Solutions business to Tecomet for $450 million in cash and its spin off of Symmetry Surgical Inc. (NASDAQ:SSRG).
- Represented Genzyme Corp. in connection with its $20.1 billion sale to Sanofi-Aventis S.A.
- Co-author, “Will Non-U.S. Executive Pay Leave U.S. Taxpayers Feeling GILTI?” Tax Notes (May 13, 2019)
- Co-author, "Release Us From Confusion Over ERISA Fiduciary Claims," 37 Pension & Benefits Reporter (BNA) 647 (2010)
- Meredith Laitner, Adam Stella, and Madeline Zamoyski, "Green Building City Survey," 11 New York University Journal of Legislation and Public Policy 81 (2008)