Alice Sun joined the finance group of Ropes & Gray’s Hong Kong office as an associate in 2017. Alice assists the finance group on a broad range of cross-border financing transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Alice trained and qualified as an associate in the Hong Kong office of an international law firm with a focus on real estate financing, asset and property management, direct and indirect commercial and residential property investments.
Transactions completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Advised a global investment bank on a USD175-200 million syndicated loan facility secured by a PRC commercial property.
- Advised a leading private equity fund on the refinancing of an existing loan facility secured by a direct asset pledge over a Hong Kong industrial property and indirect HoldCo charges.
- Advised a bank in the US$75+ million limited recourse financing of a commercial property in Suzhou.
- Advised Beijing State-Owned Assets Management Co., Ltd on its debut offering of USD1 billion dual tranche bonds.
- Advised a global investment management company on the disposal of an office building in Shanghai.
- Advised CPPIB on the acquisition of an interest in a mixed use real estate development project in China from Longfor (listed in Hong Kong) as well as the subsequent joint venture and related financing arrangements.
- Advised Fingen Group on its share transfer to, and formation of, an outlet fund jointly established by Henderson Property fund, Harvard Fund, Gaw Capital and Fingen Group, involving one existing and two potential outlets in China.
- Advised CBRE Global Investors on the disposal of certain property assets in China.
- Assisted AEW Asia on the disposal of a Hong Kong company, which holds a serviced apartment block with commercial space in Hong Kong.
- Advised a UAE asset management company on the acquisition of a Maldives resort through a holding structure that resides in the BVI.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned asset management company on the acquisition and development of a Maldives resort through a holding structure that resides in the BVI including entering into a joint venture arrangement with a local Maldives entity.