Alicia Giglio Suarez
Alicia Giglio Suarez is an associate in the government enforcement practice group. Alicia’s practice focuses on white collar defense, including government- initiated and internal investigations and criminal and civil litigation. She has extensive experience representing multinational corporations and private equity firms in government-initiated and internal investigations relating to potential violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) and other global anti- corruption laws, as well as in conducting anti-corruption due diligence and risk assessments and developing and implementing risk-based compliance programs. Alicia also dedicates a significant portion of her practice to representing clients in criminal and civil litigation and government enforcement actions involving alleged kickback and pricing violations, off-label marketing, False Claims Act violations, fraudulent conduct, international trade issues and economic sanctions.
Alicia was recognized by Super Lawyers in 2017 as a “Rising Star” in Washington, D.C.
- Representing a multinational pharmaceutical company in a False Claims Act qui tam litigation involving kickback claims and novel First Amendment issues relating to off-label promotion allegations, currently on appeal in the 9th Circuit after a successful motion to dismiss.
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company in a multi-year, intervened False Claims Act qui tam litigation alleging Medicaid pricing violations, resulted in pre-trial settlement.
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company in an industry-wide DOJ investigation involving an alleged kickback scheme.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in a federal civil investigation into alleged off-label promotion and kickback payments, resulted in non-intervention in a False Claims Act matter.
- Represented son of former New York State Senate Majority leader on public corruption charges.
- Representing an individual trader in relation to DOJ’s investigation of alleged manipulation of foreign exchange benchmark rates.
- Assisted in obtaining a judgment of acquittal of former Assistant General Counsel of major pharmaceutical company in DOJ prosecution of obstruction and false statements charges.
- Represented a multinational pharmaceutical company in connection with an independent, international review stemming from bribery allegations made by Chinese officials.
- Represented a global financial institution in an industry-wide FCPA investigation by the SEC focusing on interactions with Sovereign Wealth Funds.
- Conducted numerous internal anti-corruption investigations for major pharmaceutical companies in high-risk countries.
- Conducts anti-corruption and sanctions diligence and drafts related deal terms for investments and acquisitions by private equity firms, other financial institutions and major pharmaceutical companies.
- Conducted post-closing anticorruption due diligence and risk reviews for major pharmaceutical company following acquisitions.
- Conducted anti-corruption risk assessments in the private equity and energy sectors, resulting in the development and implementation of compliance programs and enhanced controls at the enterprise level and for portfolio companies in various countries and industries.
- Developed anticorruption compliance programs, including policies and training materials for pharmaceutical and private equity clients.
- Kim Nemirow, Amanda Raad, Sean Seelinger and Alicia Suarez, “Practice Note: How to handle real estate compliance risks,” The FCPA Blog (August, 25, 2016)
- Kim Nemirow, Amanda Raad, Sean Seelinger and Alicia Suarez, “Compliance Alert: Enforcement hammer falls on real estate,” The FCPA Blog (August 23, 2016)
- Colleen Conry, Jane Goldstein, Natalie Logan and Alicia Suarez, “The Aftermath of Bangladesh: Best Practices in Foreign Markets,” Chain Store Age (August 5, 2013)