Andrew is a partner in the firm’s private equity group. His practice focuses principally on leveraged buyouts and strategic acquisitions for private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies, as well as ongoing corporate securities law advice and day-to-day strategic counseling.
Andrew advises clients across a broad range of industries, including technology, health care, energy and infrastructure, and manufacturing and industrial services. He represents many leading private equity firms on a regular basis, including CCMP Capital, Kohlberg & Company and New Mountain Capital. Clients and attorneys alike describe Andrew as a strong relationship lawyer who is adept at anticipating complex issues and providing carefully thought-out solutions.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in its acquisition of United BioSource, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Express Scripts Holding Company.
- Represented CCMP Capital in its:
- Acquisition of Truck Hero, a leading provider of highly functional aftermarket accessories for pickup trucks and Jeeps, and Truck Hero’s subsequent acquisition of Lund International; CCMP Capital in the sale of Truck Hero to a consortium led by L Catterton.
- Acquisition of Eating Recovery Center, a leading provider of specialized treatment for individuals with eating disorders.
- Represented CCMP Capital and its portfolio company Founder Sport Group in the acquisitions of Alleson Athletic, a leading manufacturer of in-stock uniforms and custom sublimated garments, and Teamwork Athletic Apparel, a pioneer in sublimation technology in the team uniform space.
- Represented Freeman Spogli & Company in its:
- Acquisition of CRH Healthcare, a leading urgent care platform in the Southeast.
- Acquisition of Galco Industrial Electronics, an industrial electronic components distributor.
- Represented Kohlberg & Co. in its:
- Investment in Orthopaedic & Neurosurgery Specialists, a provider of orthopedic and neurosurgery services in Connecticut and Westchester County, New York.
- Acquisition of EN Engineering, a leading utility services firm.
- Acquisition of a majority stake in GPRS Holdings, the nation’s largest provider of scanning services for subsurface infrastructure.
- Acquisition of AWP (Area Wide Protective), a leading utility services firm.
- Acquisition of the K2/MDV winter sports business from Newell Brands.
- Acquisition of U.S. Retirement & Benefit Partners, a leading provider of employee benefits and retirement planning services.
- Represented New Mountain Capital in its:
- Investment in MAG Aerospace, a leading turnkey provider of intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance solutions.
- Sale of OneDigital, a leading U.S. provider of employee benefits insurance brokerage and retirement consulting services, to affiliates of Onex Corporation.
- Represented New Mountain Capital and its portfolio company MAG Aerospace in MAG Aerospace’s acquisition of AASKI Technology Inc.
- Represented New Mountain Capital and its portfolio company Cloudmed in Cloudmed’s acquisition of Triage Consulting Group.
- Represented Partners Group in its investment in GlobalLogic, a leading software engineering services supplier.
- Represented American Securities in connection with its acquisition of North American Partners in Anesthesia (NAPA) and its sale of Arizona Chemical.*
- Represented EQT Infrastructure in its sale of Restaurant Technologies, Inc. to a group of investors led by Aurora Capital Group.*
- Represented Lee Equity Partners and its portfolio company Aimbridge Hospitality in connection with multiple add-on acquisitions and a recapitalization.*
Please note that representations with an asterisk (*) were completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2011; executive editor, NYU Journal of Legislation and Public Policy
- BA (History and Political Science), summa cum laude, Rutgers College, 2008; Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2012