Beibei Sun joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 as an associate in the corporate department.
During law school, Beibei worked with the Global Healthcare Innovation Alliances program at Duke University as the lead of its Master Alliance Provisions Guide project, which aims to provide legal solutions to most effectively confront public health crises. Beibei was a Pro Bono All-Star of Duke Law for her service to Hurricane Sandy victims on insurance matters at Touro Law Center in Long Island in 2013. She also lectured the class Chinese for Legal Studies at Duke Law.
Prior to studying at Duke Law, Beibei interned with the Patent Cooperation Treaty Division of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in Geneva, Switzerland in 2012. Beibei has also been a leading member of the legal team at Creative Commons China Mainland since 2011. She has passed the National Bar Examination of P.R. China.
- Advised Blueprint Medicines Corporation in connection with an exclusive collaboration and license agreement with CStone Pharmaceuticals, a China-based clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, concerning the development and commercialization of three investigational cancer therapies in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. At the time of its completion, this transaction was the largest investigational cancer therapeutic licensing deal ever done in China.
- Co-author, “Emerging Global Trends in Standard-Essential Patent Litigation, Part II,” Bloomberg Law’s Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal (June 22, 2018)
- Co-author, “Emerging Global Trends in Standard-Essential Patent Litigation, Part I,” Bloomberg Law’s Big Law Business (June 15, 2018)
- Moderator, “Alliance Formation for Emergency Infectious Disease Outbreaks,” Global Healthcare Innovation Alliance, Duke University (November 18, 2015)
- Presenter, “Model Agreement Provisions for Global Health Alliances Workshop,” Marshall Gerstein & Borun LLP, Chicago (October 4, 2016)