Brad Stanley is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private investment funds group in Chicago who focuses on the formation of private investment funds and other transactions involving real estate companies, asset managers and financial institutions worldwide. Brad joined Ropes & Gray as an associate in the private investment funds group in 2015.
Brad handles open- and closed-end funds with a wide range of investment strategies, such as real estate (both equity and debt and including core, value-added and opportunistic strategies), private equity, debt and hedge funds. He also has expertise in complex joint ventures, separate accounts, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate and securities transactions.
Brad was previously an associate in the private investment funds practice in the Chicago office of a major international law firm. Prior to law school, Brad worked for several real estate investment management firms in Chicago.
- Represented a leading real estate investment manager in its formation of three $1 billion real estate funds
- Represented a significant real estate debt origination firm in its formation of three open and closed-end debt funds
- Represented an investment management firm in its formation of a series of private equity funds
- Represented a real estate investment manager in its formation of a $600 million debt fund
- Represented an investment management firm in its formation of a series of hedge funds
- Co-author, “Regulatory Issues and Best Practices for Real Estate Fund Managers,” PREA Quarterly (September 24, 2018)
- MBA, Dean's List, University of Chicago, Booth School of Business, 2011
- JD, cum laude, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2006; associate editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- BA (Economics), Dartmouth College, 2001