Ciara Stratford joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 and is an associate in the private equity transaction group in London. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Ciara was an associate in the private equity team of the London office of a large international law firm.
Ciara has a broad range of domestic and cross-border experience advising clients on general corporate, venture capital and private equity transactions. Ciara has particular experience acting for private equity investors, their portfolio companies and management teams in relation to acquisitions, disposals, investments and restructurings.
Prior to joining the firm, Ciara has been seconded to Bank of America Merrill Lynch within its EUME investment banking team.
Notable transactions in which Ciara has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advising Bowmark Capital LLP on its public to private acquisition of AIM-listed Tax Systems plc.
- Advising boutique asset manager, Unigestion, on multiple primary investments and co-investments including nursery school platform Eduko and Ascent Underwriting, the leading cyber insurance and specialty focused Managing General Agent in the Lloyds of London market.
- Advising Inspired Education, the second largest global investment firm within the private education sector, on significant strategic growth investments by TA Associates and Warburg Pincus respectively.
- Advising Bowmark Capital LLP on a number of management buy-outs including The Instant Group, a global provider of independent flexible workspace and Lawyers On Demand.
- Advising Marlin Equity Partners on its acquisition of Arcserve from New York-based CA Technologies across 30 jurisdictions.
- Advising Bowmark Capital LLP and Five Arrows on the disposal of automotive data and software company Autodata.
- Advising Chinese technology firm Beijing Kunlun Tech Co on (as then) the UK’s largest series A investment in the Fintech sector into LendInvest – now the UK’s largest P2P marketplace for mortgages.
- Advising Vitruvian Partners on its series D investment round in FarFetch.com, the e-commerce site for independent boutiques has since gone public on the NYSE at a $5.8bn valuation.
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2012
- LLM, Merit, University College London, 2010
- BA (Jurisprudence), Upper second class, Trinity College, Oxford University, 2009